• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
$1.5 billion on the table as Floyd Mayweather opens talks to take on Conor McGregor in MMA and boxing

Home> Boxing

Published 05:29 11 Oct 2022 GMT+1

$1.5 billion on the table as Floyd Mayweather opens talks to take on Conor McGregor in MMA and boxing

Money’s team are currently in talks with the Irishman’s side in a two-fight contract that would see the pair meet again across both sports.

Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor could be set to complete a trilogy of fights across both MMA and boxing in a mammoth $1.5 billion (AU$2.6b, £1.3b) deal.

It is perhaps the most anticipated rematch in combat sports today, with two of the biggest names in boxing and MMA respectively going toe to toe once again.

The Sun reports that Money’s team are currently in talks with the Irishman’s side in a two-fight contract that would see the pair meet again between the ropes, followed by a meeting in the octagon.

PA Images / Alamy

Advert

It would signal an opportunity for each respective fighter to fight in their respective code, and by the end of the third fight, we’d hopefully have a conclusive answer to who is the better fighter. 

Mayweather has never fought under MMA rules, so the third fight would be history-making in that sense.

Both matches will be for the official undefeated record of Mayweather’s, according to an insider at The Sun. 

It is believed the bouts will both take place next year in Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia if the contracts are drawn up.

Floyd’s protege Gervonta Davis is predicted to be on the undercard of the event going up against rival Ryan Garcia. 

A source from Mayweather’s camp told The Sun: “Floyd is now in talks to step over into Octagon if the money is right.”

Adding: "If the deal is struck Floyd will remove the trademark TBE - The Best Ever - if he fails to beat Conor in both fights. That will be added to the contract.

"The boxing will be for official record. And the MMA match will also be for MMA official record.

"Right now they are looking for both fights to be carried out in 2023."

PA Images / Alamy

Floyd had confirmed that talks between himself and the Dublin native were happening about the next bout ahead of his exhibition fight with Japanese fighter Mikuru Asakura. 

He said: “I want to go out there this weekend and have fun.

"Then I have another exhibition Dubai in November and me and Conor McGregor in 2023.

"We don't know if it's going to be an exhibition of a real fight. But there's been talks of both. I would prefer an exhibition."

The 50-0 boxer officially hung up his gloves after defeating McGregor in their first bout in 2017.

Mayweather reportedly earned over $300 million from the fight while the MMA star earned around $100 million. 

Since then ‘Money’ has fought in four exhibition matches including one against Logan Paul.

He goes up against YouTuber, and KSI’s brother Deji in his next exhibition matchup on November 13.

Featured Image Credit: PA Images / Alamy.

Topics: Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather, Boxing, MMA, UFC

Jayden Collins
Jayden Collins

Jayden Collins is a Journalist at SPORTbible. He has worked across multiple media platforms in areas such as sport, music, pop culture, entertainment and politics. He is part of the editorial team for LADbible Australia.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
7 hours ago
14 hours ago
3 days ago
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Mike Tyson to fight Floyd Mayweather with date and location confirmed

    Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather could be set for a meeting inside the ring.

    Boxing
  • ProBoxingFans/YouTube
    7 hours ago

    John Fury goes ballistic and hunts down Carl Froch before Tyson Fury presser

    Both men have been at a pre-fight press conference to promote Tyson Fury's comeback bout against Arslanbek Makhmudov.

    Boxing
  • Getty
    14 hours ago

    Mike Tyson confirms his next fight after losing to Jake Paul

    Mike Tyson is set to have another fight this year after returning against Jake Paul.

    Boxing
  • Who Wants To Be A Millionaire/YouTube
    3 days ago

    Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Contestant Loses Thousands After Trusting Audience On Sport Question

    The contestant trusted the audience on a question that most sports fans could have answered easily.

    Boxing
  • Mike Tyson to fight Floyd Mayweather with date and location confirmed
  • Nate Diaz Teases Shock UFC Return Amid Conor McGregor Fight Rumours
  • Floyd Mayweather Slams UK Fans for Not Appreciating ‘Unbelievable’ Boxing Icon
  • Floyd Mayweather causes outrage with comment about Donald Trump live on Fox Business Network