sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
 KSI set to fight Premier League winner in boxing match that nobody saw coming
Home>Boxing>Boxing News
Updated 13:15 18 Jan 2025 GMTPublished 12:04 18 Jan 2025 GMT

KSI set to fight Premier League winner in boxing match that nobody saw coming

Details on KSI's next opponent inside the ring have emerged, with an announcement due.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

KSI is set to fight a Premier League winner in his return to the ring, a shock report claims.

The Nightmare's last bout was his first career defeat against Tommy Fury back in October 2023, when he lost via unanimous decision in Manchester.

KSI has focused on the promotional aspect of his Misfits Boxing company since then but according to the Daily Mail, an announcement on his next opponent is thought to be imminent.

As per Mike Keegan, the 31-year-old is poised to take on former Chelsea and Manchester City star Wayne Bridge - with a date of March 29 should all contracts be signed.

Advert

Daily Mail sources refused to confirm that the 44-year-old is next in line for KSI but did acknowledge that the ex England international is one of the names in the mix.

Bridge, who had a high-profile bust-up with John Terry, would join fellow Premier League winner Danny Simpson in stepping into the ring under the Misfits umbrella.

Simpson, the right-back in Leicester City's fairytale title win in 2015/16, faced YouTuber Danny Aarons in Dublin back in August and even pledged to put his Premier League winners' medal on the line.

The two fought a split draw and both expressed interest in a rematch in the future.

Bridge, said to be in superb shape still, retired in 2014 after spells with Southampton, Chelsea, Fulham, City, West Ham, Sunderland, Brighton and Reading.

Wayne Bridge could be facing KSI in the near future. Image: Getty
Wayne Bridge could be facing KSI in the near future. Image: Getty

He has been in the ring before, taking on Made in Chelsea star Spencer Matthews in a charity contest back in 2018.

Bridge's teammates back his boxing ability

Back in October 2023, KSI appeared on Peter Crouch's podcast and the former Liverpool striker recommended Bridge as a possible fighter for Misfits.

Crouch told the Sidemen member: "You know, if you ever need someone to step in, I know someone in training all the time. So if you need someone last minute, Wayne Bridge."

Co-host Steve Sidwell also backed the 36-time England international, saying: "Can anyone beat the Bridge? He’s an animal."

KSI took the advice on board and replied: "If he is really about it then it would be great to have him on Misfits for sure."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: KSI, Premier League, Manchester City, Chelsea

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Darren Till offers new Tommy Fury conspiracy theory and brands him 'waste of space' after Conor McGregor tweet
  • Tommy Fury calls out Conor McGregor and fires shots at KSI and Logan Paul over £250,000,000 fight
  • Full list of bizarre rules in KSI and Speed's new Baller League featuring Ronaldinho and Luis Figo
  • Baller League salaries 'revealed' ahead of UK launch featuring KSI and John Terry

Choose your content:

8 hours ago
11 hours ago
12 hours ago
2 days ago
  • Getty Images
    8 hours ago

    Dana White reveals major problem for UFC White House event that he doesn't know how to solve

    The White House is proving to be a thorn in UFC's side, as a rose bush is attracting thousands of pesky guests

    Boxing
  • Getty
    11 hours ago

    "Unacceptable" - Jake Paul bans boxing star from all MVP events after backstage altercation

    Jake Paul's Most Valuable Promotions have confirmed the ban in an official statement.

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Tyson and Paris Fury's extraordinary wedding gift to Venezuela and new husband

    Tyson Fury and wife, Paris, set their 16-year-old daughter up for life with a wedding gift with husband Noah Price

    Boxing
  • Getty Images
    2 days ago

    Why Venezuela Fury could be married aged 16 after Tyson's blessing

    The pair tied the knot during a lavish ceremony on Saturday, May 16.

    Boxing