sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
BREAKING: Huge brawl breaks out at Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz press conference
Home>Boxing>Boxing News
Updated 20:29 3 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 20:08 3 Aug 2023 GMT+1

breaking

BREAKING: Huge brawl breaks out at Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz press conference

The press conference for Jake Paul and Nate Diaz's fight descended into chaos in Dallas, Texas.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

All hell broke loose after the Jake Paul vs Nate Diaz press conference in Dallas, Texas as security teams clashed on stage.

The pair were at the American Airlines Center to promote their 10-round bout on Saturday night and traded insults while fielding questions from journalists.

Diaz was relatively calm despite being goaded by Paul, though he did rage at 'Derek', who works for Paul's Betr betting company and demanded he get up on stage after he said the Problem Child would knock him "the f*** out".

Advert

The two participated in the mandatory face-off but tempers were not flared as both performed their poses and flexed for the crowd before departing.

However, the same could not be said for the teams providing security for both fighters as it all kicked off on stage.

It started as pushing and shoving before a brawl ensued and punches were thrown.

JAKE PAUL AND NATE DIAZ TEAMS GO ON A FULL ON BRAWL💀#PaulDiaz #NateDiaz #JakePaul pic.twitter.com/iMf43aI3Qd

— Jmag (@jmagings) August 3, 2023

It's not known exactly what sparked the melee but eventually the teams went their separate ways and headed off the stage in opposite directions.

Diaz's entourage do have previous for this kind of thing, with one fracas taking place at the weigh-in ahead of Paul's fight with Tyron Woodley.

A warrant for arrest was also issued after a video showed him choking out Logan Paul lookalike Rodney Petersen after the Misfits Boxing 6 event at the XULA Convention Center in New Orleans.

The Stockton native had been supporting teammate Chris Avila but got into it on Bourbon Street.

Diaz, who is making his boxing debut, is the latest MMA fighter to face Paul, who has beaten Ben Askren, Woodley and Anderson Silva.

Image: Getty
Image: Getty

He suffered the first defeat of his professional career against Tommy Fury in Saudi Arabia back in February.

According to SportsLens, Paul is guaranteed to earn $2 million for the fight but could receive up to $5 million if he beats Diaz, who is set to collect up to $500,000. His purse will also double should he emerge victorious.

Featured Image Credit: DAZN

Topics: Jake Paul, Nate Diaz

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

12 hours ago
19 hours ago
20 hours ago
a day ago
  • Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Rico Verhoeven confirms he will appeal Oleksandr Usyk defeat after controversial stoppage

    The kickboxing champion has reacted to the controversial end to his iconic fight with Usyk.

    Boxing
  • Mohamed Hassam/Getty
    19 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven scorecards spark mass outrage after Glory in Giza fight

    This could be the most controversial fight in modern boxing history.

    Boxing
  • Mark Robinson/Getty
    20 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk makes tragic admission after controversial victory over Rico Verhoeven

    The undefeated boxer had a very hard night.

    Boxing
  • Candice Ward/Stringer/Getty
    a day ago

    Floyd Mayweather aims staggering $175 million lawsuit alleging fraud at former associates

    This is crazy.

    Boxing
  • Nate Diaz explains the real reason he rejected Conor McGregor trilogy fight
  • Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz trilogy 'permanently cancelled' after UFC 'decision'
  • Jake Paul verbally dismantles the UFC and picks out exactly why it's 'declining'
  • Jake Paul vs Gervonta Davis 'Cancelled' as Replacement Immediately Lined Up