To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Fans have voiced their concerns for Evander Holyfield's safety after damning footage surfaced online showing the 58-year-old in action.
Boxing legend Holyfield is set to go toe-to-toe with mixed martial arts great Vitor Belfort, lacing the gloves up for the first time since he retired back in 2011.
But while some people are looking forward to seeing the former world champion bob and weave under the bright lights once again, others aren't too fond of the idea.
A clip Holyfield hitting pads during a training session has now emerged on social media and fans hold grave fears for his welfare.
In the video, Holyfield can be seen working on some combos, but if truth be told he looks a shell of his former self.
Winding up on his punches, he shots look predictable and sluggish and don't give off the impression that he still possesses any sort of power.
Footage of the session has now been seen thousands of times with social media users chiming in to have their say.
One person commented: "This is sad. One of these oldies will die in the ring one day and they'll stop this mess. Are they broke?"
As another added: "Some of these random match-ups, while depressing, still have a touch of entertaining chaos that makes you a little curious....This one is only depressing."
While one bloke said: "He's clearly in cognitive decline and he's desperate for a payday and he's going to get seriously hurt."
Even mixed martial arts reporter Ariel Helwani tweeted: "This makes me uncomfortable."
Fighters by nature are brave, that's why managers, coaches and commissions are there to protect them from themselves. This fight shouldn't be happening. https://t.co/zENGOV5dlo- michael (@bisping) September 9, 2021
But perhaps the most damning assessment came from the mouth of a true mixed martial arts icon.
Upon seeing the clip on Twitter, ex-UFC champion Michael Bisping aired his concerns with Holyfield's return tale.
Bisping tweeted: "Fighters by nature are brave, that's why managers, coaches and commissions are there to protect them from themselves.
"This fight shouldn't be happening."
I mean, you have to respect anyone that makes "the walk", but it's hard to deny that the latest training footage of 58-year-old Holyfield isn't concerning.
Holyfield is clearly keen on making his second coming one to remember, though, and has already started conversations about a potential trilogy with Mike Tyson.
That said, if we're comparing behind-the-scenes training videos of Holyfield and Iron Mike, there's only one winner - Tyson look ferocious in all his clips in the build-up to his fight with Roy Jones Jr last year.
But let's not jump to conclusions, let's just wait till the weekend to see how Holyfield fares.
Featured Image Credit: YouTube/Twitter/Triller
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read