Reports claim that Masvidal attacked Covington in Miami Beach just a few weeks after their grudge match at UFC 272 earlier this month.
Naturally, the MMA community reacted to the incident involving Masvidal and Covington - with Nurmagomedov backing 'Gamebred' on social media.
The former UFC lightweight champion even suggested that fighters should REFUSE to fight Covington.
"If you are stronger than someone inside the octagon, it does not mean that you can insult his children," he stated.
"No one has the right to insult someone's family. Once you have gone down this path, then be ready to back up your words.
"You were attacked by professional fighter, the same as you are, your own size, and you go press charges against him to the police?
"I think all welterweights should refuse to fight Colby, just don't accept fights with him, let him sit without a fight, it will probably significantly affect him and all fighters who even think of insulting families, who is provoking the fighters to look for someone in restaurants to deal with him."
Well, Nurmagomedov's stance doesn't sit well with Owens who ripped into his comments regarding Covington.
She tweeted: "This is so embarrassing. Calling for a boycott. He better go buy a p**sy hat and join the NBA.
"MMA is a man's sport."
Right? This is so embarrassing. Calling for a boycott. :joy::joy: He better go buy a pussy hat and join the NBA.
MMA is a man's sport.
- Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) March 25, 2022
Owens is a supporter of Covington who appeared on her show as a special guest. They also share similar political beliefs.
Featured Image Credit: PA
- Khabib Nurmagomedov Tells UFC Fighters To AVOID Fighting Colby Covington After Jorge Masvidal Arrest
- Ultra-Rare Footage Of Colby Covington And Jorge Masvidal Sparring In 2013, There Was A Clear Winner
- Colby Covington Beats Jorge Masvidal In UFC 272 Main Event
- Colby Covington To Have A Sex Change And Fight Women, Bizarrely Claims Jorge Masvidal