Dana White Responds To Video Showing 'Conor McGregor' Punching Older Man
Dana White has offered a typically frank opinion after footage emerged yesterday that appears to show former UFC 'champ-champ' Conor McGregor punching an older man in a Dublin bar.
McGregor made the headlines once more for the wrong reason yesterday when it was alleged that he'd struck a man in the face at the Marble Arch pub in the Irish capital for refusing to let 'The Notorious' buy him a drink.
The incident had already been reported back in April, however until it surfaced on TMZ yesterday, the footage hadn't been out in the public domain.
The video appears to show McGregor offering a man some of his Proper No. Twelve whiskey only to plant a left hook into the face of the older man when he refused his generosity.
The man who threw the punch - allegedly McGregor - is then immediately dragged from the pub.
Take a look for yourself:
On Thursday, the UFC president weighed in on the incident when he appeared on 'The Jim Rome Show' to promote UFC 241 this weekend in Anaheim.
"That happened in April. I knew that happened; they just got the video. It's pretty bad," White said when speaking to the CBS sports presenter on Thursday.
"Not allegedly, it's pretty clear [it's him]. So, apparently this was in a pub in Ireland and it was an argument over whiskey. Conor has a whiskey now and it was an argument over the whiskey and Conor reaches out and hits him with a left hook.
"I don't know the context of it. I don't know the entire story, but he punches a guy, an older man, in the face.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"I knew that he had, had an altercation at a bar but I didn't know with who or any of that, I didn't know anything, I just knew it happened," he added.
Since the incident, a file has been passed to the Director of Public Prosecutions in Ireland who will now make the decision whether to level criminal charges against McGregor.
A Garda spokesperson said: "(We) are investigating an incident at a pub in Drimnagh, Dublin, on April 6.
"No arrests have been made. Investigations are ongoing."
Last year, McGregor was charged with disorderly conduct for his role in an incident involving an attack on a tour bus carrying arch rival Khabib Nurmagomedov in New York.
Several fighters on board a bus were treated for injuries after McGregor hurled a trolley through the windows of the vehicle, shattering the glass.
The Irish fighter plead his charges down and was sentenced to five days of community service and ordered to complete an anger management course.
He was also charged with strong arm robbery and criminal mischief in March after he stole and stamped on the phone of a fan who was taking pictures of him in Miami.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read