To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
UFC legend Jon Jones has beaten fierce competition to be crowned the best MMA fighter of the last decade.
And MMA Junkie handed Jones the ultimate bragging rights in its rankings, saying the polarising fighter "elicits a more visceral reaction among MMA fans than perhaps anyone else to step foot in the octagon over the past decade."
According to the publication, 'Bones' was an "easy choice" for the top pick, he is "still in his athletic prime" and he "will undoubtedly continue to break UFC records."
Behind Jones in second place was Demetrious Johnson, who "accomplished everything he did while staying true to himself."
Daniel Cormier, who ruled out a third fight with Jones before he retired from the sport, was named the third best fighter of the last decade.
But MMA Junkie said that the 41-year-old has had a "meaningful impact on two weight classes over the past 10 years."
The publication added: "He might not go down as the best ever in either division, but when combining his overall efforts, it's obvious he belongs high in the discussion of all-time greats."
UFC legends Ronda Rousey and 'GSP' also landed spots in the top 10 fighters of the last decade.
Posted below are MMA Junkie's 10 best fighters of the last decade.
10. Max Holloway (decade record: 21-5)
9. Jose Aldo (decade record: 12-5)
8. Khabib Nurmagomedov (decade record: 21-0)
7. Ronda Rousey (decade record: 12-2)
6. Amanda Nunes (decade record: 15-3)
5. Conor McGregor (decade record: 18-3)
4. Georges St-Pierre (decade record: 7-0)
3. Daniel Cormier (decade record: 21-2)
2. Demetrious Johnson (decade record: 22-3-1)
1. Jon Jones (decade record: 16-0)
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read