• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Conor McGregor breaks silence after being ruled out of UFC 303

Home> MMA> UFC

Updated 18:29 15 Jun 2024 GMT+1Published 17:55 15 Jun 2024 GMT+1

Conor McGregor breaks silence after being ruled out of UFC 303

Conor McGregor has posted for the first time since his fight against Michael Chandler was called off.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Conor McGregor, UFC, MMA, Michael Chandler

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

Conor McGregor has broken his silence after being ruled out of UFC 303 due to injury.

McGregor was originally scheduled to make his long awaited return to the octagon at the T-Mboile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada for UFC 303 on June 29.

However, it was confirmed on Thursday that McGregor will not be able to fight due to an injury.

Advert

In a video, Dana White stated that the new main event will be Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka for the light heavyweight title.

Writing on social media, the Irishman said: “Very tough to be ruled out of my scheduled return bout. I picked up an injury prior to the press conference that required more time to heal than was available to me.

“The decision to postpone the fight was not made lightly, but one made in consultation with my doctors, the UFC, and my team.”

Advert

McGregor continued: “My fans and opponent deserve me at my best for this fight and we will get there! Thank you for the messages of support, I am in good spirits and confident I’ll be back!”

McGregor last fought back in July 2021 when he lost to American Dustin Poirier.

MMA journalist Ariel Helwani said: "The fight has been pushed because McGregor suffered an injury right before last week’s press conference in Dublin.

Advert

"Everyone involved - the UFC, McGregor, Paradigm - did everything in their power to save this. It didn’t look good initially, then it didn’t, then it did and finally it didn’t. The plug was officially pulled a little less than 48 hours ago."

SPORTbible are on WhatsApp! We've launched a dedicated transfer news channel to send you the latest deals, rumours and more directly on WhatsApp and all you need to do to sign up is click through to our one-way broadcast channel here for 'SPORTbible News' to appear in the 'Updates' tab on your WhatsApp.

Choose your content:

2 days ago
4 days ago
6 days ago
  • KickKick
    2 days ago

    Brendan Schaub facing backlash from fans over comments about Raja Jackson and Syko Stu incident

    The former MMA fighter has given his take on the incident.

    MMA
  • Happy Punch/XHappy Punch/X
    2 days ago

    Rampage Jackson speaks out on Syko Stu attack as revealing comment made about son Raja

    The former UFC fighter has given his honest take on the current situation.

    MMA
  • Instagram/@TheNotoriousMMAInstagram/@TheNotoriousMMA
    4 days ago

    UFC fans spot strange detail in Conor McGregor photo with David Beckham

    UFC fans were quick to react to Conor McGregor's picture with David Beckham, making the very same observation.

    MMA
  • Conor McGregor Conor McGregor
    6 days ago

    UFC fans claim Conor McGregor 'embarrassed' himself after seeing what he did in viral training footage

    Conor McGregor has been slammed by UFC fans.

    MMA
  • Ariel Helwani gives update on Conor McGregor's injury and when he could return after UFC 303 withdrawal
  • Conor McGregor speaks out after UFC 303 press event with Michael Chandler postponed
  • Alex Volkanovski speaks out on 'whispers' he's heard about Conor McGregor fight after UFC 303 event cancelled
  • Conor McGregor drops huge hint over UFC 303 fight vs Michael Chandler with three-word comment amid uncertainty