sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Vinicius Jr's team reportedly working on a 'potential' Real Madrid exit
Home>Football
Published 18:14 22 May 2023 GMT+1

Vinicius Jr's team reportedly working on a 'potential' Real Madrid exit

The rumoured move comes after the winger was racially abused by fans during a La Liga game at the weekend.

Ella Scott

Ella Scott

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Vinicius Junior’s team are reportedly navigating how the winger can leave Real Madrid after suffering racial abuse during a recent La Liga match against Valencia.

Sources close to the 22-year-old told ESPN Brasil that the possibility of moving clubs has been suggested by the player’s camp.

The report states that “everyone who works with the player is very uncomfortable with Real Madrid’s attitude” following the racial abuse the forward received from football fans this weekend.

Advert

Following the devastating scenes that took place at the Mestalla Stadium on Sunday 21 May, Vinicius took to social media himself to release a powerful statement.

He said that the abuse he suffered this weekend “wasn’t the first time or the second or the third.”

He continued: “Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it’s normal, as does the federation, and the opponents encourage it.

“The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano [Ronaldo] and [Lionel] Messi today belongs to the racists.”

Elsewhere, Vinicius said he will continue to fight racist remarks — whether that’s in Spain or in another league.

Vinicius Jr has neither confirmed nor denied whether intends to remain at Real Madrid.
PA

He added: “I am strong and I will go all the way against the racists. Even if it is far away from here.”

While the Brazilian international hasn’t made it clear whether he wants to remain at Los Blancos, head honcho Carlo Ancelotti has made it clear that he is sticking by his star.

The 63-year-old told Movistar he was not interested in discussing football and instead wanted to condemn La Liga bosses for their attitudes toward racism.

He said: “I’m calm, but what happened today shouldn’t happen.

“For a stadium to shout 'monkey' at a player and for a coach to think about taking him off for that… There’s something wrong with this league.”

He continued to say: “For me, Vinicius is one of the best in the world. These episodes of racism can’t happen, it was the whole stadium - not just one person, as on other occasions.

“It has to be stopped. And I would say the same if we won 3-0.”

Despite the forward’s team apparently gunning for an early league exit, Vinicius’ contract doesn’t technically expire until the end of the 2023/24 season.

Earlier this year, it was reported that the star was due to sign a possible extension.

However, following the events of this weekend, it is unknown whether that is still the case.

Featured Image Credit: PA Images/Viaplay/Twitter

Topics: Vinicius Jr, Vinicius Junior, Carlo Ancelotti, Real Madrid, La Liga

Ella Scott
Ella Scott

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Arsenal player 'open to leaving the club' after winning Premier League title

    The Arsenal star became a Premier League champion but could move on this summer.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Bombshell report into spygate scandal reveals 'disguise' used by Southampton

    More shocking details from Southampton's spying ahead of the play-off final have emerged.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Southampton players could take action against own club after being expelled from play-offs

    There could be further repercussions for Southampton after they were expelled from the Championship play-offs following the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Mikel Arteta picks first Arsenal signing after winning the Premier League

    The champions are moving quickly to retain a title they won just hours ago

    Football