Antonio Conte Talks About Reported Move For Moussa Dembele
The Chelsea manager had the important business of preparing his side to go up against Liverpool in the English Premier League while speculation surrounded the Hoops hitman's future.
Reports said the Stamford Bridge club were interested in signing him, with some even suggesting that a huge £40 million bid had been made.
Dembele's presence in London for a knee scan only added to the talk about a potential move before the player himself took to Twitter to say he's staying at Celtic.
What else ? :green_heart::green_heart::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover: pic.twitter.com/Zp4IQRmjPH- Moussa Dembélé (@MDembele_10) January 31, 2017
But Conte has now attempted to kill all talk of Chelsea's interest, stating that the club made no offer for the former Fulham striker.
Speaking after Chelsea's 1-1 draw with Liverpool at Anfield, Conte, per Miguel Delaney, said:
More Like ThisMore Like This
Conte claims there was no Chelsea bid for Dembele, and says it was "speculation"- Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) January 31, 2017
So maybe there wasn't this huge £40m bid after all?
Regardless, Celtic fans will be delighted that the window has now shut and they still have their star striker.
He'll no doubt continue to be linked with a move away from the club throughout the rest of the season and into the coming summer - so maybe the big money offers are still to come.
Will Dembele move in the summer?