sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Liverpool and Man Utd target Sofyan Amrabat left out of Fiorentina squad after Jurgen Klopp 'phone call'
Home>Football>Transfer News
Updated 14:44 24 Aug 2023 GMT+1Published 14:45 24 Aug 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool and Man Utd target Sofyan Amrabat left out of Fiorentina squad after Jurgen Klopp 'phone call'

He has been left out of the Fiorentina squad.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool and Manchester United target Sofyan Amrabat has been left out of Fiorentina’s squad to face Rapid Vienna in the Europa Conference League on Thursday night.

United have been strongly linked with Amrabat since last summer’s World Cup, with the club having not ruled out signing a new central midfielder regardless of outgoings before the deadline. Indeed, Ten Hag worked with Amrabat between 2015 and 2017 while both were at Eredivisie side Utrecht.

Moreover, Liverpool had been keen on Amrabat and, as per Sky Sports Italy, held talks with Fiorentina via intermediaries earlier this summer.

Viola News even reported that Klopp personally called Amrabat to convince him to move to Anfield.

Advert

Fiorentina could be convinced to sell the player after he was left out of the club’s Conference League play-off first-leg fixture.

The Morocco international has reportedly not travelled with the squad to Austria and is said to be training alone back in Florence.

On the matter transfer guru Fabrizio Romano said: “Amrabat is training on his own, he won’t travel with us for next game.”

According to Sky Sports, Amrabat had his head turned by interest from other clubs and is not in the right frame of mind to play in the Fiorentina encounter.

While Amrabat is still very much part of Fiorentina's plans for the season, it has been claimed that a bid of around £17million to £21million could convince the club to consider a sale.

The 27-year-old’s Fiorentina contract expires next summer but the club have an option to extend it by a further year.

Speaking on Amrabat’s future last week, Fiorentina director Daniele Prade claimed that the club were open to allowing the midfielder the opportunity to move to a “top club”.

Prade told the club's YouTube channel: "The situation is clear, he wants to join a top club and we want to satisfy him.

"But if we receive no offers, he will stay with us. We don't have a player like him in the team."

Amrabat has been linked with Europe’s elite since playing a starring role in Morrocco’s run to the semi-final of the World Cup last December.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Manchester United, Transfers, Premier League

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

29 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    29 mins ago

    Southampton EXPELLED from Championship play-offs as Middlesbrough reinstated

    Middlesbrough will now face Hull City in the play-off final on Saturday, May 23.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Kylian Mbappe linked with shock Premier League move after Real Madrid fallout

    The petition to uplift Kylian Mbappe seems to be working, as an old fairy godmother has come to his rescue

    Football
  • Getty & Manchester City
    2 hours ago

    How Man City could line up under Enzo Maresca with dream signing and key Pep Guardiola man dropped

    Enzo Maresca is said to have agreed a three-year deal to replace Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    'We approached him' - Roberto Martinez reveals Premier League star refused Portugal call-up ahead of World Cup

    Roberto Martinez has revealed that the proposal to the player was unsuccessful.

    Football
  • "Sources have informed us..." - Liverpool target Andre's 'true' release clause revealed, it could stop Anfield move
  • BREAKING: Sofyan Amrabat 'close' to joining Liverpool in major blow for Man United
  • Sofyan Amrabat has made feelings clear on Premier League move as 'Liverpool hijack Man Utd deal'
  • Man Utd official revealed Sofyan Amrabat transfer clue as telling reaction spotted by journalist