sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Arsenal 'pushing' for two elite strikers before transfer deadline after missing out on Ollie Watkins
Home>Football>Transfer News
Published 10:46 1 Feb 2025 GMT

Arsenal 'pushing' for two elite strikers before transfer deadline after missing out on Ollie Watkins

The Gunners saw a hefty bid rebuffed by Villa earlier this week.

Matthew Holt

Matthew Holt

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Arsenal want to bring in another striker and are said to have identified two new targets after missing out on Ollie Watkins.

The Gunners - who saw their £60m bid for the Aston Villa and England star rebuffed earlier this week - still want to sign a forward given the recent injuries sustained by Gabriel Jesus and Bukayo Saka.

Mikel Arteta has stressed the need in recent weeks for further bodies to help his side's chances of success this season, given Arsenal are still involved in three competitions.

"I'm very confident with the work that the club is doing, and exploring every single opportunity that we believe can have an impact on the team," said the Spaniard when asked if Arsenal will recruit before the February 3 deadline.

Advert

"If that's certainly the case and we can agree on something, we will, and if not, we won't."

With their pursuit of Watkins seemingly cold after Villa's refusal to sell the player, the Gunners have now turned their attention elsewhere.

According to reports via GiveMeSport, Arsenal are now exploring a move for either Benjamin Sesko or Dusan Vlahovic.

The latter has been previously linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium before choosing to sign for Juventus back in 2022.

Since then, the Serbia international has scored 53 goals in 128 appearances for the Old Lady but may be open to a move after Juve signed Randal Kolo Muani on loan from Paris Saint-Germain this month.

As for Sesko, the talented RB Leipzig striker has often been linked with Arsenal and is said to be well liked at the club.

Sesko, 21, has 14 Bundesliga goals to his name this term and is cited as the priority of the two.

The Slovenian striker's agent also talked up a move to the Premier League earlier this year, insisting the ball remains firmly in Arteta's court.

"I think you should ask Mr. Arteta about that," said Elvis Basanovic when asked by Slovenian TV channel Arena Sport.

"But I think Sesko could suit many clubs because he has different football skills.

"He can play alone in attack, with two strikers, a little further back, he has height, speed, technical speed."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Arsenal, Mikel Arteta, Transfer News, Transfers, Premier League, Dusan Vlahovic, RB Leipzig, Juventus

Matthew Holt
Matthew Holt

Matthew is a Freelance Sports Journalist who also works for Manchester United, FourFourTwo and Reach PLC. He supports Scunthorpe United.

X

@_mattyholt

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

8 mins ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty & Manchester City
    8 mins ago

    How Man City could line up under Enzo Maresca with dream signing and key Pep Guardiola man dropped

    Enzo Maresca is said to have agreed a three-year deal to replace Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    'We approached him' - Roberto Martinez reveals Premier League star refused Portugal call-up ahead of World Cup

    Roberto Martinez has revealed that the proposal to the player was unsuccessful.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Why Man City are set to pay Chelsea to replace Pep Guardiola with Enzo Maresca

    Manchester City have agreed a three-year deal with Enzo Maresca, who is set to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Portugal announce final 26-man World Cup squad as two Premier League stars snubbed

    Roberto Martinez has announced his squad ahead of Portugal taking on DR Congo in their opening group match on June 17.

    Football
  • Arsenal suffer major transfer blow as David Ornstein drops update no fan wanted to hear
  • Arsenal hit with FA charge after controversial Myles Lewis-Skelly red card as statement issued
  • What Ollie Watkins did in front of Aston Villa fans after scoring vs Celtic speaks volumes amid Arsenal links
  • Robert Pires names one club he thinks can stop Arsenal winning the Champions League