10 Most Entertaining Teams In Premier League History Have Been Ranked
Liverpool's current title-challenging squad has been named amongst the 10 most entertaining teams in Premier League history.
The Reds hold an astonishing 25-point lead over defending champions Manchester City before the Premier League was suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.
And Spreadex has ranked Jurgen Klopp's men fourth and awarded them an overall score of 76.66.
The publication revealed that its points system is based on meeting different criteria in each match, with a win awarding 25 points, 10 for a draw and 0 for a loss.
Goals are worth 15 points apiece and 10 for a clean sheet, while three points are awarded for each corner taken.
Points are also lost for cards handed out, with yellow and reds receiving -5 and -15 deductions respectively.
Despite going through the season undefeated, Arsenal's famed 'Invincibles' squad of the 2003-04 season failed to make the top 10.
According to Spreadex, the Invincibles "were well off the pace" and only managed to secure 60.95 points.
Posted below are the top 10 most entertaining Premier League teams in history.
10. Liverpool (2013-14): 71.37
9. Manchester United (2009-10): 73.18
8. Manchester City (2011-12): 73.47
7. Manchester United (2011-12): 75.05
6. Manchester City (2013-14): 76.03
More Like ThisMore Like This
5. Liverpool (2018-19): 76.11
4. Liverpool (2019-20): 76.66
3. Chelsea (2009-10): 77.97
2. Manchester City (2018-19): 81.68
1. Manchester City (2017-18): 82.55
Spreadex has also revealed the most entertaining sides in the Premier League that failed to capture the title.
Most entertaining sides not to win the title (all finished second) are posted below.
10. Arsenal 2004-05: 66.68 (4th following season)
9. Manchester United 2001-02: 68.21 (won title by 5 points following season)
8. Liverpool 2008-09: 69.66 (7th following season)
7. Tottenham Hotspur 2016-17: 71.03 (3rd following season)
6. Manchester City 2019-20: 71.29 (following season are second with nine matches to play)
5. Liverpool 2013-14: 71.37 (6th following season)
4. Manchester United 2009-10: 73.18 (won title following season by nine points)
3. Manchester United 2011-12: 75.05 (won title following season by 11 points)
2. Liverpool 2018-19: 76.11 (following season are top with nine matches to play)
1. Liverpool 2019-20: 76.66 (top with nine matches to play)
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read