The Top 25 Premier League Players In 2019/20 According To Statistics
The PFA awards are often the benchmark for who has been the best players in the Premier League over a season but statistics also give an interesting insight into who has performed best.
And while statistics don't always tell the full story, WhoScored have been giving out ratings in every game this season and their data has been collated to produce an average match rating.
From that we can put together a rather well-varied, surprising list of the top 25 best players entirely based on stats.
25. Richarlison - Everton - 7.19 rating
Everton had a forgettable season on the whole but the Brazilian was their top performer, with 13 goals and three assists in 36 outings.
24. Aaron Wan-Bissaka - Manchester United - 7.19 rating
A solid first season at Old Trafford for the right-back, who shut out so many opposition wingers and contributed with four assists.
23. Trent Alexander-Arnold - Liverpool - 7.20 rating
Sticking with English right-backs playing in the North-West, the 21-year-old was integral to Liverpool's first league title - laying on 13 assists and scoring four.
22. Jamie Vardy - Leicester City - 7.22 rating
The 33-year old won the Premier League Golden Boot for the first time after notching a hugely impressive 24 goals in 3034 minutes of top-flight action.
21. Wilfred Ndidi - Leicester City - 7.23 rating
The Nigerian midfielder was among the Foxes' top performers and produced a series of all-action displays in the middle of the park.
20. Jack Grealish - Aston Villa - 7.23 rating
There's no way Villa would have stayed up without their captain and talisman. He scored eight goals and assisted since times as Dean Smith's side stayed up by the skin of their teeth on the final day.
19. Heung Min-Son - Spurs - 7.24 rating
11 goals and 10 assists for the South Korean, who continues to be one of the top attacking players in the Premier League.
18. Raul Jimenez - Wolves - 7.25 rating
Signed permanently in the summer, the Mexican has enjoyed another superb season leading the line at Molineux. 17 goals and six assists makes for a very good return.
17. Gabriel Jesus - Manchester City - 7.26 rating
14 goals and seven assists in 21 starts for the Brazilian. He might not be Sergio Aguero but his goal record is very impressive.
16. David Silva - Manchester City - 7.29 rating.
Six goals and ten assists for the Spaniard in his final season in the Premier League. A pleasure to have seen him in English football.
15. Allan Saint-Maximin - Newcastle United - 7.29 rating
More Like ThisMore Like This
Three goals and four assists aren't much to shout about but the Frenchman was really exciting to watch in his debut season in England.
14. Michail Antonio - West Ham United - 7.29 rating
The Hammers forward finally got to double figures in the Premier League, finishing a strong individual campaign with ten goals, including eight after the restart, and three assists.
13. Willian - Chelsea - 7.31 rating.
In what could well have been his final season at Stamford Bridge given his contract is up soon, the former Shakhtar Donetsk man scored nine times and contributed further with seven assists.
12. Anthony Martial - Manchester United - 7.31 rating.
Easily the Frenchman's best season in a United shirt. He bagged 17 goals in 31 appearances, as well as assisting on six occasions.
11. Virgil van Dijk - Liverpool - 7.32 rating
Yet another imperious campaign from the big Dutch defender, who will be nailed on to make the PFA Team of the Year after helping the Reds to a long-awaited league title.
10. Harry Kane - Spurs - 7.33 rating
The England skipper had his campaign disrupted by injury but still managed 18 goals in 29 games.
9. James Maddison - Leicester City - 7.34 rating.
Six goals and three assists for the former Norwich City man, who has just been rewarded with a new £110,000-a-week contract.
8. Marcus Rashford - Manchester United - 7.35 rating
17 goals and seven assists in an impressive term from the England man, who also did brilliant work off the pitch for underprivileged youngsters.
7. Raheem Sterling - Manchester City - 7.35 rating
Even with a dry spell in front of goal, Sterling finished the domestic campaign with 20 goals - making 2019/20 the best goalscoring season of his career.
6. Mo Salah - Liverpool - 7.40 rating
Although he didn't win a third Golden Boot on the trot, Salah did hit 19 goals and laid on ten for his colleagues as played a key role in Liverpool's title triumph.
5. Sadio Mane - Liverpool - 7.45 rating
The Senegalese forward scored 18 times, many of which were crucial goals in Liverpool's title-winning campaign at Anfield. He also registered seven assists.
4. Riyad Mahrez - Manchester City - 7.48 rating
A strong second season in sky blue for the Algerian, who bagged 11 goals and nine assists in 21 starts.
3. Adama Traore - Wolves - 7.49 rating
The winger/physical specimen had his most fruitful season to date for Nuno Espirito Santo's side, scoring four times and assisting nine times - seven of which were for Jimenez to find the net.
2. Ricardo Pereira - Leicester City - 7.50 rating
The Portugal international was superb for the Foxes in the season just gone and his absence was sorely felt when he was sidelined through injury in the latter stages.
1. Kevin De Bruyne - Manchester City - 7.97 rating.
Many believe he's been the best player in the league in 2019/20 by a country mile and it's hard to disagree. 13 goals and 20 assists - which saw him tie Thierry Henry's assist record, might just result in the Belgian picking up the PFA Player of the Year award for the first time.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read