Ousmane Dembele AWOL From Borussia Dortmund Training
There's been another huge twist in the ongoing Ousmane Dembele transfer saga.
Borussia Dortmund manager Peter Bosz has confirmed that the 20-year-old did not show up for training today, as reports of a move to Barcelona continue to emerge.
In a press conference on Thursday afternoon, Bosz told local reporters via The Mirror that Dembele isn't even answering his phone, and was lead to believe that the France international was in Paris with friends.
"I talked to Dembele yesterday. He told me he was in Paris with his friends. He did not say anything about a transfer." Bosz said.
Barcelona alert - Dembelé not training with Borussia Dortmund, that can't even locate him!
- Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) August 10, 2017
Dortmund's manager then went onto question why Dembele wasn't in training: "Ousmane Dembele was not in training today. We do not know why. We tried to reach him but we did not."
"There was no sign yesterday that Dembele would not be here today. We hope nothing terrible has happened."
Ed Aarons of the Guardian claims that Dembele is in Paris awaiting permission to fly to Barcelona to complete a transfer:
Understand that Ousmane #Dembele is currently in Paris awaiting permission to fly to Barcelona to complete his transfer
- Ed Aarons (@ed_aarons) August 10, 2017
The news comes just says after Peter Bosz insisted that he wasn't worried about the talk of Dembele replacing Neymar at Barcelona.
In an interview via The Daily Mail, the 53-year-old said he had no worries about what could happen:
More Like ThisMore Like This
"We are not worrying about Dembele going to Barcelona. €100m (£89m) and, when new Messis and Ronaldos appear in the future, Neymar will not be a single case.
"If I had to worry about what could happen, I would not sleep well."
Dembele gone AWOL. Dortmund manager Peter Bosz says Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele did not show up for training today. Not answering phone
- Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) August 10, 2017
Last week, just days after Neymar and Nelson Semedo clashed during a Barcelona training session in Miami, another bust-up in world football has emerged online.
Ousmane Dembele, who has coincidentally been linked with a move to Barca this summer, was involved in a nasty training ground spat with teammate Roman Bürki.
As you can see in the footage below, teammate Marc Bartra and a number of Dortmund coaches had to physically restrain the 20-year-old French international after both Dembele and goalkeeper Burki exchanged words in a heated confrontation.
Is this a sign that Dembele is on his way out of Dortmund?
Let us know your thoughts on his current situation in the comments.
(H/T: The Mirror)
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read