Arsenal players and coaches hilariously call Kieran Tierney "Tesco's" in training after the defender was spotted carrying his matchday gear in a Tesco bag.
Tierney went viral after he arrived at Bramall Lane for his side's FA Cup clash against Sheffield United with a Tesco bag for all his essentials.
The Scottish left-back produced a 'Man of the Match' performance in Arsenal's cup victory over Sheffield United and he brilliantly poked fun at himself following the match.
"Every little helps," he wrote in response to Arsenal's post about him on Twitter.
So, you can probably guess what they call the 23-year-old in training. Yes, that's right - he's earned the nickname "Tesco's".
An Arsenal fan has posted a clip on social media of Tierney in training and you can clearly hear one of the club's coaches saying: "Here's Tesco's."
No way they call Kieran Tierney "Tescos" in training :joy::joy::joy::joy: pic.twitter.com/2vpcCRaiaG
- :cloud_tornado:️:tm: (@SaucyyPepe) July 11, 2020
Check out the full video below (skip to 4:54):
Speaking about Tierney's humble nature, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta said: "He's exactly what we need.
"He's the type of player I love. The Tesco bag is Kieran, he's a very humble guy and does what he feels is right."
Meanwhile, the Gunners conclude their 2019/20 Premier League campaign at home to Watford on Sunday, before facing Chelsea in the FA Cup final on August 1.
Featured Image Credit: Arsenal/YouTube
- Unseen footage shows why Granit Xhaka charged back to confrontation between Arsenal and Tottenham players
- Kieran Tierney Had A Priceless Reaction To Learning What Martin Odegaard Earns At Arsenal
- Arsenal Women manager Jonas Eidevall launches scathing criticism on lack of female coaches in men's football
- Eight Arsenal players earn more than Leandro Trossard as full wage list emerges