| Last updated
Imagine the scene. You received an invite to your mates wedding and it lands on the date of England's quarter-final clash against Sweden, but you've already agreed to attend. Gutted.
They've waited days, weeks and months for this moment, so what do you do?
Own up then. Who's at a wedding and watching the England game? :sweat_smile:
- SPORTbible (@sportbible) July 7, 2018
You can't just walk out and ruin their day, so plenty of wedding guests have taken to Twitter this afternoon to share how they are getting around watching two people declare their love for each other to watch Harry Kane and the lads try and reach the semi-finals.
Now this is what you call invention.
Wedding Priority's @ladbible @sportbible pic.twitter.com/JuqNABp5Yo
- Andy Taylor (@andytaylor7_) July 7, 2018
C'mon England - @England @BBCMOTD - Congrats Cassie and Johnny...! pic.twitter.com/4SGAVjxCKo
- Scott Williams (@scottyw0986) July 7, 2018
My cousin showing the game at her wedding :raised_hands: #TopTableGoals #WorldCup pic.twitter.com/9kBPX5cunU
- Jaida (@JaidaWrestling) July 7, 2018
When you're at a wedding but you can't miss the game, IT'S COMING HOME :flag_black: pic.twitter.com/Lydf5CBh0W
- طاهرة یاسمین (@tahiraymalik) July 7, 2018
Wrong church :joy: pic.twitter.com/H73ytWSh2z
- :star2:Sheepius Baarmius :star2: (@sheepio) July 7, 2018
When you're at @Priyesh2003 Vidhi (pre wedding function) and watching #SWEENG #WorldCup pic.twitter.com/rv2q39wzo9
- Jay S (@jay_pxl) July 7, 2018
When you're watching the match at a wedding... #WorldCup #EnglandvsSweden pic.twitter.com/NExwl6yRgO
- Conversation Street Podcast (@ConversationStr) July 7, 2018
At a wedding. Found a screen. All is well. #eng #WorldCup #SWEENG pic.twitter.com/r6ozyVDJFu
- Robert Cheesewright (@RobCheesus) July 7, 2018
This is why football is really coming home. Dedication. Passion. Belief.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read