Bet Of The Century: Punter Turns 25p Bet Into £205,000
You've probably all felt on top of the world when your £5 bet has come in and you've come out with a nice £100. So imagine how you'd feel if you won over £250,000 off a 25p bet.
Through Paddy Power, he had a punt on 11 different games, with crazy odds of 820,728/1.
Here is a copy of his betting slip.
If you can't be bothered putting your reading glasses on, here are some of the bets that the man, said to be from Coventry, put on, on Friday. All games were played on the Saturday and Friday, with him picking the teams he fancied to win, as well as over 2.5 goals in the games.
More Like ThisMore Like This
- France to beat Sweden and over 2.5 goals (10/11) 2-1
- Czech Republic to beat Norway and over 2.5 goals (23/10) 2-1
- Northern Ireland to beat Azerbaijan and over 2.5 goals (23/10) 4-0
- Denmark to beat Kazakhstan and over 2.5 goals (10/11) 4-1
- Millwall to beat Bristol Rovers and over 2.5 goals (2/1) 4-0
- Port Vale to beat Fleetwood Town and over 2.5 goals (7/2) 2-1
- Blackpool to beat Notts County and over 2.5 goals (2/1) 4-0
- Leyton Orient to beat Colchester and over 2.5 goals (7/2) 3-0
- Cambridge United to beat Crawley and over 2.5 goals (7/2) 3-1
- Plymouth to beat Crewe and over 2.5 goals (13/50) 2-1
All went well in regards to the above fixtures but also part of his slip was the same type of bet involving Armenia and Montenegro on the Friday night, with him backing the home side to pick up the win and for there to be 2.5 goals in the fixture. Montenegro were 2-0 up at half-time but the hosts mounted a massive comeback and when the 74th minute rolled around, things were all square.
Then in the dying embers of the game, Armenia clinched a memorable win when Gevorg Ghazaryan slotted home. His bets for the Saturday then all came in, giving the punter a massive £205,182 fortune off a 25p bet.
Absolutely unbelievable. It's a bloody good job he spent his money on the bet and not a Chomp from the corner shop.
(h/t The Mirror)
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read