sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Respected journalist drops major Man Utd takeover update as Cristiano Ronaldo link revealed
Home>Football
Updated 12:14 15 Feb 2023 GMTPublished 11:40 15 Feb 2023 GMT

Respected journalist drops major Man Utd takeover update as Cristiano Ronaldo link revealed

The latest Man Utd takeover update has been revealed.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

One of the potential bidders for Manchester United was involved in Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Al Nassr last month, according to respected journalist Ben Jacobs.

United's current owners, the Glazer family, have set a 'soft deadline' of Friday for bids from interested parties, with the Daily Mail claiming last week that there were five 'serious' bidders for the club.

They include an investment group from Qatar, with reports from Bloomberg since revealing that Qatari investors are going to place a bid to buy the club.

The Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is said to be helping to prepare a bid, whilst it reportedly has the backing of the Emir of Qatar. It is unclear at this stage as to how the bid, if successful, will get around a UEFA rule which states that two clubs owned by the same entity cannot play in the same UEFA competition. The Emir, through Qatar Sports Investments (QSI), currently owns PSG.

Advert

Now, Jacobs has revealed more details about the identity of the bidders, and identified one link with United legend Cristiano Ronaldo.

Man Utd takeover update issues

In a Twitter thread, Jacobs explained his understanding that the bid launched by Qatari investors, labelled as 'strong', will fall below the Glazers' asking price of £6 billion.

He also reports that a private fund will be used as the bidding vehicle by Qatar, and that it is likely the group will go public once the bid is made. In addition, PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi, and QSI, will not be directly involved with any interested party in United, according to sources.

Jacobs has also revealed that one possible bidder has links to Ronaldo, via the financing of the Portugal legend's move to Al Nassr in December.

He claimed: "It's anticipated there will be four-five credible suitors along with Qatar, including a bid from Saudi. Turki Al-Sheikh, a bit like Al-Khelaifi, has been sounded out, and Mohamed Al-Khereiji, who tried to buy Chelsea, remains one to watch.

"Al-Khereiji was also key to finding the funds that brought Cristiano Ronaldo to Al Nassr. And there are multiple groups from North America."

Jacobs continued: "Sir Jim Ratcliffe remains the only bidder to go public. There is a feeling that if he fails to meet the Glazers valuation he could also explore pairing himself with another group."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Cristiano Ronaldo

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Final Champions League spot could be decided by play-off as unthinkable scenario unfolds

    This has never happened before, but it's genuinely possible with a game left to play in the Premier League.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Declan Rice has the coldest response to Arsenal’s first Premier League title win in 22 years

    Arsenal are the 2026 Premier League champions and Rice made sure to celebrate.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    'I've studied Pep for a while' - Micah Richards reacts to Pep Guardiola's response to exit rumours

    Richards also said Manchester City's players went against the club's ethos as they surrendered the Premier League title to Arsenal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Has Already Dropped Man Utd Takeover Hint Amid Saudi Rumours
  • Cristiano Ronaldo left 'in tears' after unthinkable scenario plays out in Al Nassr game
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Jr targeted by five elite European clubs and he may snub playing with his dad
  • Cristiano Ronaldo’s Saudi Pro League Earnings Since Man Utd Exit