sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Manchester City Star Riyad Mahrez Makes Twitter Plea To Elon Musk
Home>Football
Published 20:52 2 May 2022 GMT+1

Manchester City Star Riyad Mahrez Makes Twitter Plea To Elon Musk

Mahrez has reached out to Musk after losing his blue tick.

Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester City winger Riyad Mahrez has called on Elon Musk to restore his blue tick on Twitter after it mysteriously disappeared.

Mahrez, 31, boasts more than three million followers on Twitter but has lost his blue tick, which informs users if the owner of an account has been properly verified.

Following the news of Musk's expected takeover of Twitter, Mahrez has appealed to the billionaire to restore the feature on his account.

Advert

"Bro @elonmusk give me my blue tick back," tweeted Mahrez, followed by three crying-laughing emojis.

Fans of rival clubs have used Mahrez's request to mock Manchester City.

"Same blue ticks as UCLs," wrote one user.

Another added: "Just imagine he says he won't give you back till you fill your stadium."

Musk, the world's richest person with an estimated net worth of $273.6bn (£218.8bn), made his shock takeover bid earlier this month.

Twitter's board has agreed to his $44bn (£34.5bn) takeover offer, with shareholders now set to vote on the proposed deal.

Musk has vowed to unlock the "tremendous potential" of the company if his takeover is approved.

"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," Musk said in a statement announcing the deal.

"I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans," he added.

"Twitter has tremendous potential - I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

It remains to be seen whether Musk's expected takeover will result in Mahrez getting his blue tick back.

Featured Image Credit: PA Images

Topics: Manchester City, Riyad Mahrez, Football, Premier League

Rory O'Callaghan
Rory O'Callaghan

Rory O'Callaghan is Editorial Lead at SPORTbible. He has previously worked for Sky Sports News, MailOnline and Reach covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@rory_ocallaghan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Southampton EXPELLED from Championship play-offs as Middlesbrough reinstated

    Middlesbrough will now face Hull City in the play-off final on Saturday, May 23.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Kylian Mbappe linked with shock Premier League move after Real Madrid fallout

    The petition to uplift Kylian Mbappe seems to be working, as an old fairy godmother has come to his rescue

    Football
  • Getty & Manchester City
    2 hours ago

    How Man City could line up under Enzo Maresca with dream signing and key Pep Guardiola man dropped

    Enzo Maresca is said to have agreed a three-year deal to replace Pep Guardiola at Manchester City.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    'We approached him' - Roberto Martinez reveals Premier League star refused Portugal call-up ahead of World Cup

    Roberto Martinez has revealed that the proposal to the player was unsuccessful.

    Football
  • Lawyer reaches Man City 115 charges verdict after 'speaking to insiders'
  • Why Sheikh Mansour could be 'forced to sell Man City' by British government
  • Gary Neville drops Man City 115 charges theory that makes Ian Wright say 'Really?'
  • Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named