sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Sheikh Jassim's camp issues public response to claims Man Utd takeover bid has been successful
Home>Football
Updated 20:08 13 Jun 2023 GMT+1Published 19:44 13 Jun 2023 GMT+1

Sheikh Jassim's camp issues public response to claims Man Utd takeover bid has been successful

Sheikh Jassim's camp have responded.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Sheikh Jassim's delegation have issued a public response after a report claimed that a bid from his Nine Two Foundation to purchase Manchester United had been successful.

On Monday evening, it was reported that the Qatari businessman's offer to take over 100 per cent of United had been accepted by the club's current owners, the Glazer family.

Following the claim, United's share price spiked by nearly 25 per cent in pre-market trading on Tuesday, although did drop as the day progressed.

However, The Athletic say that the original report appears to trace back to a Twitter account with over 300 followers.

Advert

The account, which advertises illegal football streaming, claimed that a deal was done between Sheikh Jassim and the Glazers.

The tweet was then retweeted by the editor of Qatari newspaper Al Watan, and then reported on by the Al Watan account, which has more than 290,000 followers and is verified.

Now, Sheikh Jassim's delegation have responded to the rumour.

Sheikh Jassim camp responds to Man Utd takeover report

As reported by the Press Association (via Daily Mirror), Sheikh Jassim's camp have branded reports that their takeover bid has been successful as 'pure speculation'.

They add that they are still in a 'holding pattern', with PA reporting on Tuesday morning that the delegation has yet to receive a response from the Glazer family over their bid.

The Athletic claim that sources close to the Qatari bid were surprised by the reports.

The Nine Two Foundation submitted a fifth and final offer for United last week, with the intention of withdrawing from further negotiations if a response was not received by Friday.

The fifth offer, however, remains on the table, despite the deadline of Friday having passed. Journalist Ben Jacobs claimed that the bid is worth around $6.5 billion, with $1 billion in investment on top.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mail claimed on Sunday that those acting on behalf of Sheikh Jassim feel they are 'very much in the game'.

His apparent main rival in the takeover process, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, had been in advanced talks with US merchant bank Raine Group - who are overseeing negotiations - for 'a number of weeks', although insiders told the Mail that there has been 'something of a breakthrough with their rivals'.

Featured Image Credit: PA / Alamy

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
4 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Sheikh Jassim's stance on new Man Utd bid as contract clause opens door for Qatar takeover
  • Sheikh Jassim makes decision on launching new Man Utd takeover bid after losing out to Sir Jim Ratcliffe
  • Consortium 'Planning' Huge Man Utd Takeover Bid as Turki Alalshikh Ruled Out
  • Man Utd make unprecedented decision over their 2026/27 kit