sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Journalist claims Man Utd are 'angered' by latest takeover development as new offer revealed
Home>Football
Published 15:12 28 Feb 2023 GMT

Journalist claims Man Utd are 'angered' by latest takeover development as new offer revealed

Man Utd are reportedly 'angered' as a new takeover development emerges.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United are understood to be 'angered' amid news surrounding the entry of a hedge fund into the club's bidding process, journalist Ben Jacobs has claimed.

The current owners of the club, the Glazer family, are exploring 'strategic alternatives' for United, with two public bidders having been confirmed prior to the soft deadline set for offers.

A third offer came in courtesy of US hedge fund Elliott, the former owners of AC Milan, who are said to have proposed financing for a takeover bid.

Since then, there have been numerous reports on the state of play regarding a sale, with one increasingly feasible outcome said to be that the Glazers could stay in control of the club, as per Sky Sports.

Advert

Co-owner Avram Glazer appeared at Wembley to watch United win the Carabao Cup final by beating Newcastle 2-0.

Then, on Wednesday, it was reported by the Daily Mirror that Luxembourg-based hedge fund Genevra Capital had launched an offer for a minority stake in United, and have said they are willing to work with the Glazers.

What have Genevra Capital said?

Speaking in a press release, Genevra Capital founding partner Shah Farsi said: "We understand that United fans have been rightfully frustrated over the last several years.

"Our aim is to act as the force of reformation that harmonizes the interests of the owners and the fans and push for some much-needed transformation of the club.

"We have received a number of solid commitments over the recent weeks and we hope to transform that into a unique win-win opportunity for those involved."

Meanwhile, Jacobs has added in a Twitter thread that the hedge fund want public shareholders to own at least 50 per cent of the club, and that wanting to work with the Glazers has not gone down well.

Glazer reaction to Genevra bid revealed

Jacobs also claims that Genevra have 'angered' United due to PR reasons following their statement, and that it is a route that the Glazer family will likely not go down.

He tweeted: "They [Genevra] say they want public shareholders to hold at least a 50 per cent stake in MUFC.

"Glazers highly unlikely to go for this. Also understand Genevra has angered MUFC with what's considered PR.

"There is a real irony with this type of bid. Genevra speak of wanting to work with the Glazers before adding fans have been 'rightfully frustrated over the last several years...'. This hasn't gone down well."

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Liverpool 'reach agreement' over first transfer of summer window

    The Reds are closing in on their first summer signing before the final weekend of the Premier League season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    5 hours ago

    Man City told potential date for long-awaited 115 charges verdict ahead of Pep Guardiola's exit

    Pep Guardiola's departure from Manchester City comes as the gavel bangs to deliver the verdict on Man City's 115 charges

    Football
  • David Beckham’s ‘Role’ in Man Utd Takeover Revealed as Offer Emerges
  • The United Strand's first post after Man Utd draw snatches away chance of haircut this season
  • Why Man Utd forced Chido Obi to stay in the academy this season despite debut under Ruben Amorim
  • Mason Mount linked with unthinkable transfer away from Man Utd