• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Kyle Walker could MISS World Cup with injury, Guardiola doesn't know when he will return

Home> Football

Updated 12:36 29 May 2024 GMT+1Published 12:20 6 Oct 2022 GMT+1

Kyle Walker could MISS World Cup with injury, Guardiola doesn't know when he will return

Man City's Kyle Walker could miss the World Cup following an injury suffered in the Manchester Derby this weekend, Pep Guardiola reveals.

George Priestman

George Priestman

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover
Featured Image Credit: Alamy, Instagram

Topics: Kyle Walker, England, Pep Guardiola, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Reece James, Kieran Trippier

George Priestman
George Priestman

Huge Football, Boxing and Film fan. Also, a Chelsea fan living in the North West. Looking to break into the world of sports media by any means necessary!

X

@gpriestman1998

Advert

Advert

Advert

Kyle Walker could miss the World Cup as the England and Manchester City defender faces a spell on the sidelines, as confirmed by manager Pep Guardiola.

Walker missed Wednesday night's routine Champions League win over FC Copenhagen with a reported abdominal injury.

However, it's been reported that the right-back had undergone surgery earlier this week and is now a major doubt for the World Cup in Qatar this winter.

City manager Guardiola had revealed last night 'It's something abdominal and he will be a while out,' Guardiola said. 'I don't know (how long). I cannot say anything else.'

He had limped off in the 41st minute against Manchester United during the 6-3 thrashing of their city rivals at the weekend with what was a suspected abdominal issue.

Advert

Guardiola also said 'Kyle will be out for a bit. We have to speak to the doctors. Hopefully he can get (back for the World Cup) like Kalvin (Phillips). I know how important the World Cup is for the players but honestly I don't know right now.'

Reports claim that the surgery was a success but now the attention turns to his recovery and whether he can regain full match fitness before the World Cup begins next month.

Walker has become a key part of the England set-up and has been utilised as a right centre-back in Gareth Southgate's favoured 3-4-3 formation.


For Southgate, luckily he can call on England's incredible strength in depth in the right-back position with the likes of Reece James, Kieran Trippier and Trent Alexander-Arnold all ready to step in.

The England manager had recently claimed that Liverpool's star right-back was the fourth choice option behind Trippier as he claimed the Newcastle man's 'all-round game' is currently better.

However, the 23-year-old responded in fine fashion on Tuesday night in the Champions League with a clean sheet and a stunning free-kick as the Reds triumphed 2-0 over Rangers.

James also produced a top class performance in Chelsea's 3-0 dominant over AC Milan last night as he produced a goal and an assist which he hopes will catch the eye of Southgate.

  • Liverpool's FIFA 23 ratings leaked online, Trent Alexander-Arnold's stats have baffled fans

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • CBS Sports - Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Tunnel footage from Benfica vs Real Madrid emerges after claims of fight

    Benfica president Rui Costa could be seen in the clip.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    UEFA take action after Vini Jr and Gianluca Prestianni incident in new statement

    Real Madrid's Champions League play-off first leg against Benfica was stopped for 10 minutes after Vinicius flagged alleged racist abuse.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    UEFA set precedent on racial abuse punishment amid Gianluca Prestianni incident

    Gianluca Prestianni was accused of making a racist remark against Real Madrid star Vinicius Jr in Champions League clash.

    Football
  • TNT Sports - Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    New footage of Gianluca Prestianni incident with Vini Jr not shown on TV emerges

    Prestianni has been accused of racially abusing Vinicius.

    Football