sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Liverpool 'won't sign Romeo Lavia' unless one thing happens as price concerns revealed
Home>Football
Published 05:30 6 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Liverpool 'won't sign Romeo Lavia' unless one thing happens as price concerns revealed

Liverpool won't sign Lavia unless one thing happens...

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool will not sign Romeo Lavia unless one thing happens, according to the Athletic’s James Pearce.

On Sunday Liverpool announced the signing of Dominik Szoboszlai from RB Leipzig for £60million on a five-year contract.

The Reds triggered the 22-year-old’s release clause to make him their second signing of the summer, after the £35million purchase of Alexis Mac Allister last month.

"It's a really historic club, really good players, good coach," Szoboszlai told the club website.

Advert

"For me, it was perfect to make the next step in a club like this. The fans, the stadium, everything is really good."

Since wrapping up the signing of Szoboszlai it has been widely reported that Liverpool are set to target Southampton’s Romeo Lavia.

Indeed, TalkSPORT claimed earlier this week that Liverpool are trying to beat the likes of Arsenal to the signing of Lavia by making an opening bid for the young Belgian.

However, the Athletic, have suggested otherwise, claiming the Reds feel that an asking price of £50million is far too high for the teenager.

Liverpool and Lavia

According to the Athletic, Liverpool are not pursuing Lavia partly because he’s too expensive, but also because they do not believe they have a gap to fill in midfield.

The publication claims that Liverpool are more likely to pursue a young centre-back if the right option becomes available. It has been widely reported that Jurgen Klopp’s men are interested in Chelsea’s Levi Colwill.

Indeed, Liverpool will reportedly only pursue a third midfielder if one of the current crop leaves, which is not beyond the realms of possibility.

The Daily Mail claimed earlier this week that Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson and Chelsea’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could be two of Steven Gerrard's first targets as Al Ettifaq boss.

Meanwhile, Thiago Alcantara could also be on his way to Saudi Arabia. While the Reds are yet to have received an official bid for the midfielder, he is attracting “serious interest” from the Saudi Pro League, according to the Athletic,

The Spanish international reportedly intends to stay with the Merseyside club at present, but the possibility of a move to the league remains open.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Football, Transfers, Romeo Lavia, Liverpool, Premier League, Jurgen Klopp

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
3 hours ago
5 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    5 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson breaks silence amid Saudi Pro League transfer speculation
  • Why Liverpool may sign Romeo Lavia over Khephren Thuram, even if it costs them more money
  • Liverpool make Romeo Lavia a 'priority' amid interest from Arsenal and Man Utd
  • Liverpool 'preparing to bid' for Romeo Lavia with FSG set to continue summer splurge