sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Spanish FA make major decision on ref who sent off Jude Bellingham after 'conflict of interest' investigation
Home>Football>La Liga>Real Madrid
Updated 12:33 20 Feb 2025 GMTPublished 12:17 20 Feb 2025 GMT

Spanish FA make major decision on ref who sent off Jude Bellingham after 'conflict of interest' investigation

Jose Munuera Montero had been under investigation by the Spanish FA relating to an alleged involvement in a sports management company.

Luke Davies

Luke Davies

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) have come to a conclusion in their investigation into a La Liga referee.

Last Saturday, José Luis Munuera Montero was the subject of mass media attention after he showed Real Madrid’s Jude Bellingham a direct red card for what was perceived to be dissent during Los Blancos’ 1-1 draw against Osasuna.

“I think the referee did not understand Jude Bellingham’s English," Ancelotti said, as per Fabrizio Romano. "He said f*ck off, not f*ck you… that’s way different. I won’t talk more about the referee as I want to be on the bench next week."

Advert

Yesterday, Marca reported that Bellingham, 21, had been handed a two-match ban, meaning he will miss La Liga matches against Girona and Real Betis.

But this was not the only reason for the interest surrounding Montero, 41.

The RFEF launched an investigation into alleged ‘conflict of interests’ related to a sports consultancy and management company that boasts clients including La Liga, UEFA, RFEF and clubs like Atletico Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.

According to AP, the focus of the investigation was a company named Talentus Sports Speakers, described as a “company which Munuera participates in that offers motivation talks by sports figures”.

Montero denied the claims via a statement posted to his Instagram.

Referee Jose Luis Munuera Montero (Credit:Getty)
Referee Jose Luis Munuera Montero (Credit:Getty)

“In recent months the excessive attack on the refereeing collective has been evidenced, on this last occasion with me being the protagonist," read a statement posted to his Instagram page.

"The company Talentus Sports Speakers, a company owned by the referee José Luis Munuera, has not invoiced any amount to any sports entity since its creation, whether clubs, federations or companies in the sports industry.

"This company, which began its activity less than a year ago, aims to enable different athletes to transfer the transversal values of sport to different organisations, through the narration of their personal experiences, as shown on its website."

He also received abuse online and later spoke out.

Now, the RFEF have reached their conclusion with AS reporting that he has been "exonerated and will be able to referee again as soon as the Technical Committee of Referees (CTA) deems it appropriate".

The report also claims that all 20 first-division referees will be reminded of their obligation to comply with the requirements of their contracts. AS says the referee will be reinstated to officiate in league and European competition.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Real Madrid, Jude Bellingham, La Liga, Fabrizio Romano, Carlo Ancelotti

Luke Davies
Luke Davies

Journalist with expertise covering football, cricket, boxing and MMA.

X

@lukedaviesmedia

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Harry Kane linked with stunning summer transfer that would make team unbeatable

    England captain Kane is attracting lusty looks from overseas after another prolific season with Bayern Munich

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Liverpool fans think Virgil van Dijk just leaked two more players are leaving this summer

    Liverpool's disappointing 2025-26 season is sure to produce an extensive fallout and key players could be in for the chop

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    What needs to happen for Liverpool to play historic '39th Premier League game'

    Liverpool take on Brentford on the final day of the Premier League season on Saturday.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    World Cup nation respond after being forced to isolate for 21 days ahead of tournament

    The country are currently not allowed to enter the United States after a decision from the White House taskforce.

    Football
  • Kylian Mbappe and Jude Bellingham footage goes viral amid Real Madrid chaos
  • Jude Bellingham apologises to Real Madrid fans after scoring brilliant goal
  • Jude Bellingham snubbed Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo when naming one player he wishes he played with
  • Jude Bellingham ‘Contacted’ Over Stunning Swap Deal Amid Xabi Alonso Fallout