
Joao Cancelo appeared furious after he was denied an on-pitch unveiling for Barcelona at the Nou Camp on Wednesday evening.
Barcelona played Egyptian side Al Ahly in their annual Joan Gamper Trophy fixture at their home ground, winning 2-1.
Prior to the game, new £65 million signing Rodri received a huge reception when he was presented to the Nou Camp in his full Barcelona kit.
Anthony Gordon, a £69 million capture from Newcastle, also walked out on to the pitch to loud cheers.
Advert
Cancelo was also in attendance after reports claimed his deal with Al Hilal was terminated in order for him to seal a return to Barca.
But he did not get an unveiling despite being with the rest of the Barcelona squad and sporting the new kit.
Footage which circulated online appeared to show the Portugal international taking issue with the lack of announcement on the PA system.
With many Barca players, including Rodri and Gordon, socialising in the tunnel, Cancelo walked back past them and threw out his arms in frustration.
Lamine Yamal could be seen saying something to Canelo, who was wearing the full kit with the No.2 on the back.
Dani Olmo could not help but laugh after Cancelo's reaction.
The former Manchester City man was on the pitch in Barca pre-match training attire before the game but then he was wearing his normal clothes while sat next to Rodri in the stands for the friendly fixture.
Why was Joao Cancelo not unveiled along with Barcelona's new signings?
Cancelo is expected to be a Barcelona player but there has not yet been an official announcement from the club regarding his arrival.
According to reports, Barca intended to unveil Cancelo but were not able to file the relevant paperwork to get the deal finalised.
Earlier in the week, Fabrizio Romano said that the move was blocked due to "bureaucratic and tax issues" but that there was confidence from Barca that it would go through as planned.
As per JijantesFC, Cancelo will be officially announced and presented on Thursday and it is hoped he will be fully registered in time for Barca's first La Liga game of the season against Elche on Sunday.
Cancelo signed for Barcelona on loan from City back in 2023 after a temporary spell with Bayern Munich.
He played 42 times in all competitions before signing permanently with Al Hilal in the Saudi Pro League in a £21.2 million switch.
Cancelo made 45 appearances in Saudi Arabia but headed back to Barcelona on loan in January and helped Hansi Flick's side win La Liga.
The 32-year-old has spoken about his affinity for Barca, even going as far as saying that he would either spend a year without playing if he did not sign for the Catalan giants.
“Deco knew that either I came here… or I would spend a year without playing while still collecting salary”, he said.
“For me it was clear, Barcelona or nothing. It’s simple”.
Topics: Joao Cancelo, FC Barcelona, Rodri