sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Gabby Agbonlahor believes Casemiro should be arrested after red card against Crystal Palace
Home>Football
Published 19:23 4 Feb 2023 GMT

Gabby Agbonlahor believes Casemiro should be arrested after red card against Crystal Palace

Manchester United managed to beat Crystal Palace despite finishing the game with 10 men

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Gabby Agbonlahor believes Casemiro should be arrested after his red card during Manchester United’s Premier League clash against Crystal Palace.

Erik ten Hag’s men were cruising as goals from Bruno Fernandes and the in-form Marcus Rashford gave the Red Devils a 2-0 lead.

However, things turned violent in the 70th minute as an almighty scrap broke out after Palace man Jeffrey Schlupp shoved United winger Antony into the advertising board.

Advert

Schlupp was shown a yellow card by referee Andre Marriner but VAR intervened and decided that Casemiro deserved to be sent off.

Replays showed the Brazilian putting his hands around the neck of Palace midfielder Will Hughes.

Luckily for the midfielder, United managed to hold on for the victory despite Schlupp scoring in the 76th minute in a bid to mount a late comeback.

After the match, former Aston Villa and England striker Agbonlahor could not believe Casemiro’s action, claiming he should be arrested.

He said on talkSPORT: “Casemiro thought he was Brock Lesnar back in the UFC, the way he was strangling Will Hughes and he should be arrested for that.

“You know, there are kids watching that game later on Match of the Day or watching it somewhere and seeing Casemiro strangling an opponent.

“This isn’t ice hockey in America where they have a scarp during the game, this is football and we don’t want to see that. Casemiro needs to be disciplined by Manchester United.”

During his post-match interview, United boss Ten Hag spoke about the referee’s decision.

The Dutchman said: “Casemiro crossed the line, you saw that.

“However, I’m unhappy with the inconsistent refereeing. Not only this game but also [in the away match against] Palace. They elbowed Martinez, and then last week with Eriksen.

“A lot of other players crossed the line, including some Crystal Palace players. VAR didn’t intervene with them.”

United are next in action on Wednesday night as they host Leeds United at Old Trafford.

Featured Image Credit: talkSPORT/Twitter@mandela508

Topics: Manchester United, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Casemiro, Crystal Palace, Football, Premier League

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Gabriel Agbonlahor believes two Premier League clubs 'deserve one-year Champions League ban'
  • Oliver Glasner Drops 'Abandoned' Bombshell After Crystal Palace Defeat
  • Crystal Palace Could Face UEFA Punishment over Incident In Conference League
  • Oliver Glasner Bombshell Drops Hours Before Crystal Palace Game Amid Man Utd Links