Ant And Dec Want Roy Keane To Take Part In 'I'm A Celebrity'
Ant and Dec want to see Roy Keane enter 'the jungle' and appear on the next series of I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here, and we can't blame them!
No matter when he's on Sky Sports as a pundit, Keane is absolutely box office and it was no different on Sunday when he got in an argument with Jamie Redknapp.
It's certainly not the first time the former Manchester United midfielder, who has recently become a fan favourite on Instagram, has had a go at one of his colleagues and he's just taken his combative on pitch nature into the Sky studio.
And that is exactly why 'I'm A Celeb' hosts Ant and Dec are hoping that they can get the Irishman to appear on the show this year.
The last series of the show led to accusations of it being 'too nice' with everyone getting along and Ant McPartlin wants to see more conflict. "It's always good to have people that will speak their mind and ruffle a few feathers," he told the Sun.
"As much as we love people getting on and having fun, we also love a bit of conflict there."
:speaking_head: "Bale came on and made a difference? What did he do? He put a corner in. I'm sick of talking about Dele Alli, looking at his stats from 2 or 3 years ago."- Football Daily (@footballdaily) February 28, 2021
Roy Keane is fed up with talking about Gareth Bale & Dele Alli getting Tottenham back to the top 4 :rage: pic.twitter.com/yBpCHQDE9w
Responding, Declan Donnelly said, "Roy Keane for me. I'd love to see him treat his fellow campmates with the same disdain he treats Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"He'd be no-nonsense, he wouldn't put up with stupidity from the others. He's top of my list."
Many from the world of sport have taken part in the show over its 20 series so far and there's even been some winners.
Cricketer Phil Tufnell won the 2nd series in 2003, Carl Fogarty won in 2014 and Harry Redknapp was made 'King of the Jungle' in 2018, with many others finishing in the top three over the years.
Keane claimed in 2014 that he'd been approached to do the show previously and though he ruled it out at the time did leave it open for the future.
"I've had the Celebrity Big Brother offers and the jungle stuff," the Irishman told Shortlist.
"I met the jungle people, but I thought, "Nah, not for me.
"But the more you say no, the more determined they are to get you, so who knows?"
Featured Image Credit: ITV/Sky Sports
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read