sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Sky Sports forced to edit footage of Paul Mullin’s x-rated post-match interview after Wrexham seal promotion
Home>Football>Football News
Updated 20:04 26 Apr 2025 GMT+1Published 19:45 26 Apr 2025 GMT+1

Sky Sports forced to edit footage of Paul Mullin’s x-rated post-match interview after Wrexham seal promotion

Paul Mullin demonstrated some colourful language during a Sky Sports interview after Wrexham secured a third consecutive promotion.

Josh Lawless

Josh Lawless

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Paul Mullin dropped an f-bomb after helping Wrexham to a historic third consecutive promotion on Saturday night.

A slip up from promotional rivals Wycombe against Leyton Orient, who won the clash 1-0 earlier on, meant the Red Dragons had the chance to confirm passage into the Championship next season if they beat Charlton Athletic in the evening kick-off at the SToK Racecourse.

Wrexham were quick out of the blocks and found themselves 2-0 up inside 18 minutes through goals from Ollie Rathbone and Sam Smith, before the latter put the result beyond doubt with his second strike in the second half.

Striker Mullin, who has been involved in the unprecedented hat-trick of promotions and joined the project led by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney in 2021, was whisked in for an interview with Sky Sports but ended up producing some colourful language that he apologised for.

Advert

Paul Mullin drops f-bomb and forces Sky Sports into decision

"I signed here four seasons ago now and when I did Rob McElhenney told me the plan to get to the Championship in five years," Mullin said.

"We've done it a year early. The team this year has been unbelievable. It's been some journey.

"Look at these fans. These f******* deserve it. I'm sorry for the language but they deserve it. 15, 16 years out the league to now be in the Championship. It's unbelievable. I'm so happy for everyone involved.

"The question I got asked when I signed here was 'why Wrexham? why Wrexham?' - well here you go, here's your answer for the third time in a row. We've created history yet again. Back to back to back, it's never been done but it has now and it belongs to Wrexham."

The interview happened live on Sky Sports but on social media, the outlet edited out Mullin's profanity.

Wrexham have joined Birmingham City in sealing promotion to the second tier after Chris Davies' men took League One by storm.

Mullin has scored an impressive 110 goals in 172 games since signing from Cambridge United, including five in an injury-hit campaign this term.

The 30-year-old has never played in the Championship before, having failed to make a single first-team appearance for Huddersfield Town.

Wrexham's top scorer in the National League and League Two promotion seasons, Mullin still has a contract with the Welsh outfit until 2027.

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports

Topics: Wrexham, Ryan Reynolds, Rob McElhenney, EFL Championship

Josh Lawless
Josh Lawless

Josh is a sports journalist who specialises in football and WWE. He has been published by Curzon Ashton FC, Late Tackle, Manchester City FC, The Mirror, Read Man City and Manchester Evening News. He provides coverage of professional wrestling and has covered two WrestleMania events for SPORTbible.

X

@joshlawless_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

2 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    A list of players who have been left out of England's World Cup squad by the ruthless Thomas Tuchel

    Tuchel is also being criticised for some of his selections.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • How much Wrexham players will get in bonuses after securing promotion to League One
  • Four 'dream' signings Wrexham could make after promotion to the Championship including ex-England star
  • Wrexham owners hit out at 'unfair rule' after promotion to League One, it's very restricting
  • Jamie Vardy could be 'blocked' from Wrexham transfer after being involved in 'horrendous' incident which angered the club