• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
UEFA make call on cancelling Arsenal and Man City's Champions League games after ISIS terror threat

Home> Football> Football News

Updated 16:18 9 Apr 2024 GMT+1Published 14:07 9 Apr 2024 GMT+1

UEFA make call on cancelling Arsenal and Man City's Champions League games after ISIS terror threat

UEFA have made a call on whether to cancel the Champions League quarter-final encounters amid reports of ISIS terror threats.

Chris Byfield

Chris Byfield

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

UEFA have made a call on whether to cancel the week's Champions League quarter-final encounters amid reports of ISIS terror threats.

Arsenal take on Bayern Munich in the Champions League last-eight at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday evening, while Manchester City are also in action away to Real Madrid.

Elsewhere, Atletico Madrid are set to take on Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday, while Paris Saint-Germain's Parc des Princes stadium is the venue for the visit of Barcelona that same evening.

However, a media outlet has claimed terrorist organisation Islamic State (Isis) have issues a threat concerning all four of this week's ties.

Advert

UEFA have now released a statement on the matter, confirming the games will go ahead.

"UEFA is aware of alleged terrorist threats made towards this week's UEFA Champions League matches and is closely liaising with the authorities at the respective venues," the statement said.

"All matches are planned to go ahead as scheduled with appropriate security arrangements in place."

On Monday the Al Azaim Foundation, an outlet responsible for submitting messages for Isis, claimed the group were threatening to attack all stadiums in the first leg of the Champions League quarter final

They shared a poster depicting a gunman alongside the names of the Parc des Princes, the Santiago Bernabeu, the Metropolitano Stadium and the Emirates Stadium. The banner also contained the phrase: "Kill them all".

This evening's Champions League games are scheduled to go ahead (Getty)
This evening's Champions League games are scheduled to go ahead (Getty)

This article contains affiliate links and LADbible Group might make a commission on anything purchased.

The threat comes after Sarh al-Khilafah, a publication with links to Isis, issued a threat to Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund's recent encounter at the Allianz Arena.

Though authorities concluded there was "no concrete evidence of danger", that game had a heightened security presence.

Fears of Isis attacks across the West have heightened since terrorists claimed the lives of 143 people at Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia last month.

German Interior Minister Nancy Faeser said temporary border controls will be put in place for the upcoming European Championships.

Fans can watch tonight’s game on Discovery+ by signing up to a free trial of Amazon Prime.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: UEFA, Champions League, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Manchester City

Chris Byfield
Chris Byfield

Sport journalist with experience writing on football, rugby, boxing and the Olympics. I'm also a Crystal Palace fan. Please don't hold this against me.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

7 hours ago
9 hours ago
10 hours ago
13 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    7 hours ago

    Darwin Nunez targeted by two Premier League clubs as talks take place

    Nunez has scored nine goals in 24 appearances for Al Hilal this season.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    9 hours ago

    Gareth Barry explains why he'll be 'sad' after James Milner breaks Premier League record

    Milner has broken the record for the most appearances in Premier League history.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    10 hours ago

    Theo Walcott predicts where Real Madrid would come in the Premier League

    Wayne Rooney also made a prediction.

    Football
  • Getty
    13 hours ago

    Zinedine Zidane reaches verbal agreement on return to football

    The Frenchman has been without a managerial role since leaving Real Madrid in May 2021.

    Football
  • UEFA could make three major changes to Champions League format after 'complaint' from Arsenal
  • Man City's 'likely' 115 charges punishment revealed in new interview
  • Arsenal Receive Huge Champions League Boost After UEFA Rule Change
  • UEFA Issue Chelsea Statement After Champions League Ban Threat