sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Everton give Man Utd asking price update after takeover attempt falls through
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 16:32 20 Jul 2024 GMT+1

Everton give Man Utd asking price update after takeover attempt falls through

Everton have reportedly given United an update.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Everton have given Manchester United a fresh update surrounding their asking price for defender Jarrad Branthwaite.

United were heavily linked with the centre-back early in the summer window, and saw a bid of £50 million rejected by the Toffees earlier in July.

Erik ten Hag's side have since signed Lille centre-back Leny Yoro for the same initial fee, with the club fending off interest from several clubs to land the 18-year-old.

But The Telegraph report that they could yet revive their interest in Branthwaite after an attempted takeover of Everton by The Friedkin Group fell through on Friday.

Advert

Announcing the takeover collapse, Everton wrote in a statement: "The Friedkin Group will remain a lender to the Club and is proud of playing a key role in enabling the new stadium to be built, which will help ensure a bright future for both Everton and the City of Liverpool.

"Blue Heaven Holdings maintains a positive relationship with The Friedkin Group and would like to thank them for the time and effort they have put into this process."

Now, Everton have reportedly informed United of their asking price for Branthwaite following their previous demand of £70 million - and it doesn't exactly signal their desire to sell.

Everton defender Jarrad Branthwaite pictured -
Getty

In fact, nothing has changed as far as the Toffees are concerned, with The Athletic claiming that they categorically will not sell the 22-year-old unless United meet their valuation.

But minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe's priorities appear to have shifted in the meantime, with United said to be in advanced talks to sign PSG midfielder Manuel Ugarte.

There have been doubts over the future of Victor Lindelof, though, and while Lisandro Martinez is back to full fitness following an injury-hit 2023/24 season, United may still decide to dip back into the market if one of their defenders does depart.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Everton, Manchester United, Premier League, Football, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

19 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    19 mins ago

    Middlesbrough lawyer speaks out after Southampton expelled from Championship play-offs

    Southampton have been kicked out of this season's EFL play-offs, with Middlesbrough reinstated in their place to take on Hull in the final.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Hull City's response to finding out Southampton have been thrown out of play-offs

    Hull City's response to discovering Southampton have been thrown out of the Championship playoffs meaning they will now face Middlesbrough.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Forgotten Aston Villa player on verge of football history after Europa League final win

    Aston Villa defeated Freiburg 3-0 to win the Europa League final.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Southampton lose appeal against EFL play-off expulsion as club issue 'extremely disappointing' statement

    Southampton were initially expelled from the EFL Championship play-off final against Hull City.

    Football
  • PGMO reveal whether Man Utd 'handball' against Nottingham Forest was the wrong decision as update issued
  • Man Utd turn attention to cheaper midfield alternative as they refuse to meet price for top target
  • Man Utd Fans Have Had Enough With One Player After Everton Defeat
  • Man Utd enter race to sign in-demand midfielder as club knock £35m off asking price