sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Eric Bailly 'expected to leave' Man Utd this summer after Erik ten Hag pre-season snub
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Published 06:00 20 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Eric Bailly 'expected to leave' Man Utd this summer after Erik ten Hag pre-season snub

Bailly is expected to depart.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Manchester United defender Eric Bailly is expected to leave the club this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano.

Bailly spent the 2022/23 season on loan at Marseille, but did not make enough appearances to trigger an option for the French club to buy him.

He was handed a seven-month ban in January for an accidental chest-high kick that hospitalised his opponent, and started just two Ligue 1 games after his return to action the following month.

The Ivorian was one of a number of players that appeared likely to depart Old Trafford this summer, having suffered from a number of injury-hit seasons at the club.

Advert

Manager Erik ten Hag has been ruthless in the summer window so far, allowing goalkeeper David de Gea to depart the club on a free transfer. Left-back Alex Telles is also closing in on a move to Saudi Pro League side Al Nassr.

Now, the Dutchman's latest decision appears likely to signal the end of Bailly's United career.

Bailly 'expected to leave Man Utd'

United embark on a pre-season tour of the United States later this month - but Bailly will not be part of the travelling squad.

Taking to Twitter, Romano claims that the 29-year-old has been told he is not part of Ten Hag's plans at Old Trafford, and will not feature on tour in the States.

He wrote: "Eric Bailly, not part of Manchester United squad travelling for US tour as he's out of the project and expected to leave.

"Alex Telles, out of the list too as he's set to join Al Nassr once documents will be signed."


The Manchester Evening News report that neither Bailly nor Telles have reported back to Carrington for the beginning of pre-season.

Centre-back Jonny Evans is another player not included in the squad, despite the Northern Ireland captain signing a short-term contract earlier this week.

The 35-year-old departed United in 2015, but has continued to play Premier League football at a high level and had been training at Carrington after his Leicester contract expired last month.

He made his second United debut on Tuesday, playing the second half of the 1-0 win over Lyon at Murrayfield. Whether he will feature in the club's pre-season friendly against Wrexham in the States is unclear.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League, Eric Bailly, Alex Telles, Fabrizio Romano, Transfers

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

3 hours ago
4 hours ago
6 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Carlo Ancelotti announces 26-man Brazil World Cup squad as Neymar call made

    Brazil take on Morocco in their opening group match on June 13.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola to leave Manchester City after final game against Aston Villa as successor named

    Guardiola is expected to leave City after 10 seasons in charge.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Croatia announce 26-man World Cup squad as decisions made on Modric and Gvardiol

    The European nation begin their tournament against England on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    6 hours ago

    Jamie Carragher reignites Mo Salah feud branding Liverpool man selfish live on MNF

    Salah demanded a return to 'heavy metal football' in an apparent parting swipe at Arne Slot

    Football
  • The United Strand's first post after Man Utd draw snatches away chance of haircut this season
  • 'What?' - Man Utd shut down bizarre claim Matheus Cunha won't play again this season
  • Why Man Utd forced Chido Obi to stay in the academy this season despite debut under Ruben Amorim
  • Erik ten Hag to ruin Man Utd's summer rebuild plans and hijack transfer with fee from Florian Wirtz move