sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Man Utd bidders 'have concerns' over sale prospects as journalist makes Glazer asking price claim
Home>Football>Football News>Man Utd
Updated 19:02 19 Jul 2023 GMT+1Published 18:31 19 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Man Utd bidders 'have concerns' over sale prospects as journalist makes Glazer asking price claim

There are fresh concerns.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Bidders involved in the Manchester United takeover process have developed fresh concerns over the prospect of a sale, according to a journalist.

The process has been ongoing since November, when the club's board announced it would undertake a 'strategic review' in order to find alternative methods of investment into United.

A full or partial sale was not ruled out as part of the process, and US merchant bank Raine Group were enlisted to oversee negotiations.

Offers have arrived from a number of bidders, including Qatari businessman Sheikh Jassim - through his Nine Two Foundation - and British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe.

Advert

But with time running out until the beginning of the season, a sale is yet to be completed - and a new report from the Daily Mail's Mike Keegan casts fresh doubt over the prospect of the club being transferred to new hands.

Man Utd bidders 'have concerns' over sale prospects

Keegan claims there there now 'concerns among those involved' in the process over whether the Glazers will ultimately decide to sell the club.

Others, meanwhile, are said to believe that the process has been paused, while there may be a possibility that the process lasts until winter.

It is claimed that the bids submitted by both Sheikh Jassim and the joint offer of Ratcliffe and INEOS fall short of the asking price the Glazers have set, which is said to be £6 billion.

And the Glazers are set to be in charge at the beginning of the Premier League season, which kicks off on August 14.

Despite the takeover uncertainty, United have still been able to spend in the transfer market.

They signed Mason Mount from Chelsea for £55 million earlier this summer, and have agreed a £47.2 million fee with Inter Milan for goalkeeper Andre Onana.

They are also interested in signing Atalanta wonderkid Rasmus Hojlund, who is valued at €70 million by the Italian club, but have yet to launch an official bid for the forward.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Manchester United, Premier League

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

an hour ago
2 hours ago
3 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Phil Foden and Cole Palmer to be left out of England's 26-man World Cup squad alongside three other big names

    Thomas Tuchel has made some big calls.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Thomas Tuchel makes Kobbie Mainoo decision ahead of squad announcement as Adam Wharton spot 'in doubt'

    The England boss has been cutthroat in his squad, as one midfielder is set to miss out

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Next Southampton manager odds emerge as shock candidate linked with job after emergency meeting

    Tonda Eckert is under pressure to keep his job at Southampton after accepting responsibility over the spygate scandal.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    3 hours ago

    Harry Maguire left 'shocked' by England World Cup snub as Thomas Tuchel 'strongly considers' surprise call up

    Tuchel will name his 26-man England squad on Friday.

    Football
  • Man Utd turn attention to cheaper midfield alternative as they refuse to meet price for top target
  • Man Utd Sale Price Emerges With Glazers Braced for UAE Bid
  • Casemiro makes final decision over next club ahead of last Man Utd match
  • Piers Morgan makes bold claim as VAR hands Arsenal victory over West Ham