sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Virgil van Dijk sends Liverpool fans into complete meltdown with social media post after Southampton win
Home>Football>Football News>Liverpool
Updated 10:48 10 Mar 2025 GMTPublished 10:41 10 Mar 2025 GMT

Virgil van Dijk sends Liverpool fans into complete meltdown with social media post after Southampton win

Virgil van Dijk's latest social media post has got fans talking.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Liverpool fans are losing their minds after seeing what Virgil van Dijk posted on his official social media account.

On Saturday afternoon, Van Dijk captained Liverpool as the Reds fought back from 1-0 down to beat Southampton 3-1 at Anfield.

As a result of Arsenal's 1-1 draw against Manchester United on Sunday, Liverpool now hold a 15-point lead at the top of the Premier League table.

However, despite the positive results on the pitch, off-the-field issues continue to worry Liverpool fans.

Advert

As things stand, Van Dijk, along with Mohamed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold, are set to walk away from Anfield for free when their contracts expire at the end of the season.

On Monday morning, Reds skipper Van Dijk sent Liverpool fans into orbit with his latest social media post.

Virgil van Dijk sends Liverpool fans wild with latest social media post

Writing on Instagram, the Dutchman put in bold, 'It's official', followed by an announcement of a partnership with Willem II.

He wrote: "It's official. I’m proud to announce that along with Willem II, we’re bringing back the international youth tournament this September.

"The world’s biggest clubs will arrive in Tilburg and play in the first ‘Virgil’s Legacy Trophy’ U13s tournament. I feel strongly about inspiring others & want to give the next generation of players a proper platform to perform. The best pitches, facilities & officials."

Safe to say a few Liverpool fans thought it might have been something else.

One fan said: "I thought it was the contract extension."

Another commented: "DONT PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THAT…contract next pls."

A third fan added: "Nahhh you had me in the first half."

Someone else wrote: "You know what your doing Skip."

A fifth said: "Saw its official and thought it was a new contract announcement."

What has Virgil van Dijk said about his Liverpool contract?

Speaking about his future last month, Van Dijk said: "I can’t speak about personal conversations that have obviously been going on for a while. I can only say that I am fully committed to the club. I love the fans, I love the club. I’ve had such an amazing time already.

"Let’s see what the future brings. But as long as I’m calm, I think the rest of the world can stay calm as well. When there is a definite answer on my future, it will probably be out. Then everyone can know. I’m quite calm about it."

Van Dijk and Liverpool will be back in action on Tuesday night when they welcome French giants Paris Saint Germain to Anfield for the second leg of their Champions League last 16 clash.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Virgil Van Dijk, Liverpool, Champions League, Football, Fan Reactions

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

22 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    22 mins ago

    West Ham player has told Nuno Espirito Santo he will 'never play for him again' amid Premier League relegation

    West Ham's situation goes from bad to worse.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Aston Villa win over Man City secures Champions League qualification for another club

    Villa's victory has had a knock-on effect on the 2026/27 Champions League.

    Football
  • Manchester City
    an hour ago

    Joe Hart responds after Pep Guardiola mentioned him when speaking about his biggest regret at Man City

    Pep Guardiola spoke about the one regret he has 'hid deep inside for many years'.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    West Ham relegation creates piece of English football history not seen in 138 years

    West Ham have been relegated from the Premier League on the final day of the season.

    Football
  • Fabrizio Romano confirms Arne Slot given 'green light' for stunning deal as soon as transfer window opens
  • Virgil van Dijk goes alpha mode and shuts down PSG official complaining about Ibrahima Konate tackle as tunnel footage emerges
  • Atalanta star trolls Virgil van Dijk on social media after shock win over Liverpool
  • Liverpool fans think Virgil van Dijk has slammed the transfers under Arne Slot with savage post-match comment