sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Three key Liverpool players could follow Jurgen Klopp out of the club with their contracts expiring in 2025
Home>Football>Football News>Liverpool
Published 11:35 27 Jan 2024 GMT

Three key Liverpool players could follow Jurgen Klopp out of the club with their contracts expiring in 2025

A mass exodus at Anfield?

Matthew Holt

Matthew Holt

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Jurgen Klopp shocked the footballing world on Friday by announcing he will leave his post as Liverpool boss at the end of the 2023/24 season.

The 56-year-old has enjoyed a decorated nine-year stint as manager at Anfield so far, winning the UEFA Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup.

Having built a squad most teams in Europe would be jealous of, the German's exit will no doubt leave shockwaves across Merseyside come the summer months, with there still questions to be asked over the future of some of his key players.

Advert

Mohamed Salah's continued interest from the Saudi Pro League continues to be a particular hot topic, with the Egyptian forward still touted as one of the best in his position in world football.

But Salah, like two other of Liverpool's key men, are set to be out of contract with the Reds from 2025, leaving questions over their futures at the club too.

Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold also have just over a year left on their respective deals, with the spine of Klopp's side potential just one summer away from being dismantled.

Van Dijk joined Liverpool from Southampton back in 2018 and has since gone on to establish himself as one of the world's best in his position.

But now aged 32, some will question just how long the Netherlands international can continue at the very top level, with the potential for Liverpool to reinvest another possible avenue.

Liverpool have been told to let Salah leave. (Image
Getty)

Alexander-Arnold, a fully-fledged England international, has seen a euphoric rise from the club's academy system over the years and continues to be renowned as one the Three Lions' best with the ball at his feet.

At 25, Trent still arguably has his best years to come and given he has played for just one club his whole career, most wouldn't dare to think about him not turning out at Anfield week in, week out.

Whether FSG can commit the trio to continue their stay with the Reds beyond 2025 remains to be seen and Klopp's final six months could prove pivotal in helping to decide just that.

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp, Mohamed Salah, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Virgil Van Dijk

Matthew Holt
Matthew Holt

Matthew is a Freelance Sports Journalist who also works for Manchester United, FourFourTwo and Reach PLC. He supports Scunthorpe United.

X

@_mattyholt

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

3 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    3 mins ago

    'We approached him' - Roberto Martinez reveals Premier League star refused Portugal call-up ahead of World Cup

    Roberto Martinez has revealed that the proposal to the player was unsuccessful.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Why Man City are set to pay Chelsea to replace Pep Guardiola with Enzo Maresca

    Manchester City have agreed a three-year deal with Enzo Maresca, who is set to replace Pep Guardiola.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Portugal announce final 26-man World Cup squad as two Premier League stars snubbed

    Roberto Martinez has announced his squad ahead of Portugal taking on DR Congo in their opening group match on June 17.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    Pep Guardiola next job odds: Shock favourite emerges as potential next move

    Guardiola is set to leave Man City

    Football
  • Jurgen Klopp makes his feelings clear on Trent Alexander Arnold being booed by Liverpool fans
  • Liverpool fans can't take their eyes off one player's face as Trent Alexander-Arnold gives farewell speech in training
  • Jurgen Klopp breaks silence on Mo Salah exit
  • Jurgen Klopp Has ‘Told’ Arne Slot What to Do With Mo Salah After Public Row