• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Cristiano Ronaldo has posted about his ‘uncomfortable’ interaction with Conor McGregor

Home> Football> Football News

Published 12:47 24 Dec 2023 GMT

Cristiano Ronaldo has posted about his ‘uncomfortable’ interaction with Conor McGregor

Cristiano Ronaldo was sat next to Conor McGregor at ringside for the boxing Day of Reckoning event

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cristiano Ronaldo has posted about his interaction with Conor McGregor on social media.

On Saturday night, Ronaldo and McGregor were sat next to each other at ringside as Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder headlined boxing’s Day of Reckoning event at the Kingdom Arena in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

American Wilder suffered a shock defeat against Joseph Parker before Joshua dispatched Otto Wallin after just five rounds.

Advert

During the event, fans spotted an ‘uncomfortable’ interaction between UFC superstar McGregor and football great Ronaldo.

Now, Ronaldo has taken to social media to post about his time spent at ringside with the Irishman.

Posting a picture of the pair laughing, Ronaldo wrote: “Best caption wins!”

Aside from his interaction with McGregor, Ronaldo also praised Saudi Arabia for putting on a show.

The five-time Ballon d’Or winner wrote: “Taking sports to a whole new dimension. Unparalleled vision and execution. Can’t stop being amazed.”

Ronaldo became the first big-name player to make a move to Saudi Arabia after signing for Saudi Professional League side Al Nassr.

Since then, many other big-name players from Europe have also moved to the Middle East.

On Saturday night in Riyadh, British heavyweight Joshua stole the show after he recorded a victory over Wallin via TKO.

Speaking after the fight, the 34-year-old said: “It was just another fight. I respect Otto; I told everyone in the build-up I needed to focus on the man in front of me.

“It wasn't a throwback, just another day at the office. I'll do anything to get the win. All I want to do is be victorious for as long as I can.”

Speaking about Wilder’s defeat, Joshua said: “I wasn't watching. I was just focusing on myself. I heard Deontay lost, so what?

“He'll be back. I'm going to take the higher ground, and I hope he comes back.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, Conor McGregor, Fan Reactions, Football, UFC, MMA

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

  • Donald Trump facing huge backlash for controversial comment about UFC fighter Conor McGregor
  • Conor McGregor Called Out Over Moment With Family During Rome Trip
  • Jake Paul picks Cristiano Ronaldo and Conor McGregor as he names the world's most overrated athletes in controversial list
  • Conor McGregor 'likes' shocking post about partner Dee Devlin after he's spotted 'kissing mystery woman'

Choose your content:

13 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    13 mins ago

    Rafa Benitez 'facing sack' after being handed record-breaking contract

    The former Liverpool and Newcastle manager could be replaced by one of his former players.

    Football
  • X
    an hour ago

    Fans baffled after penalty becomes opposition free-kick before ball is kicked

    The incident happened during a National League match on Tuesday (February 17).

    Football
  • CBS Sports - Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Tunnel footage from Benfica vs Real Madrid emerges after claims of fight

    Benfica president Rui Costa could be seen in the clip.

    Football
  • Getty
    2 hours ago

    UEFA take action after Vini Jr and Gianluca Prestianni incident in new statement

    Real Madrid's Champions League play-off first leg against Benfica was stopped for 10 minutes after Vinicius flagged alleged racist abuse.

    Football