• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Carlo Ancelotti has spoken out on Vinicius Jr and the Ballon d'Or as Real Madrid make drastic decision

Home> Football> Football News

Published 15:24 28 Oct 2024 GMT

Carlo Ancelotti has spoken out on Vinicius Jr and the Ballon d'Or as Real Madrid make drastic decision

The Ballon d’Or winner will be revealed on Monday night in Paris.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Carlo Ancelotti has already spoken out about Vinicius Junior and the Ballon d’Or with Real Madrid reportedly set to make a drastic decision.

The 2024 Ballon d’Or award is set to be given out on Monday night during a star-studded ceremony at the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris, France.

It had been widely speculated that Madrid superstar Vinicius would win the trophy after he had a brilliant 23/24 season winning La Liga and the Champions League.

Advert

Speaking after their 5-2 win over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League, Madrid boss Ancelotti was adamant that Vinicius would win the Ballon d’Or, he said: “Vinicius Junior will win the Ballon d’Or, in my opinion. He will get the award.

“It’s not about tonight… it’s what he did last season. Tonight’s hat-trick can help his case for the next Ballon d’Or!”

However, it was reported on Monday afternoon that the Brazilian will not win the award and that Madrid will not be attending the ceremony.

RMC Sport’s Fabrice Hawkins said: “Real Madrid's directors are furious. They are certain that Vini Jr will not win the Ballon d'Or. The Real delegation remains in Spain.”

Image
Getty

Last month, speaking ahead of the ceremony, Vinicius said to CNN, via Planet Football: “I have to talk about Marta, who is the greatest to ever play the [women’s game].

“I have great affection for her because I believe she changed the sport and put women’s football on the level it deserves. Women’s football is growing day by day and Marta was one of the pioneers. Marta is for us is what Pele was for everyone in Brazil, like Ayrton Senna, she’s from a level where there is one person in every million.”

He added: “And as for the men’s players, I have Kaka as an example, I have Ronaldo who won the award twice, I have Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, a lot of Brazilian players who have won the Ballon d’Or.

“But without a doubt, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho are the ones I’m closest with, who tell me every day that I have to win the Ballon d’Or. I was with Ronaldo just now when I was in Ibiza and trained at his house and he told me: ‘Train here a few more days, so you are closer to the Ballon d’Or.’

“They are players who did incredible things and to be able to compete for the Ballon d’Or and to win an award that they won, that would be something really incredible.”

Featured Image Credit: Real Madrid/Getty

Topics: Ballon d'Or, Vinicius Jr, Vinicius Junior, Football, Carlo Ancelotti, Real Madrid

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

6 mins ago
an hour ago
9 hours ago
11 hours ago
  • Getty
    6 mins ago

    Donald Trump issues World Cup nation 10-day ultimatum before tournament

    The 2026 FIFA World Cup will take place across the US, Mexico and Canada.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Man City 115 charges 'conspiracy theory' revealed by ex-Liverpool director

    Manchester City are still awaiting a verdict on the 115 charges, which began with accusations made in February 2023.

    Football
  • Getty
    9 hours ago

    Xabi Alonso rejects return to management after approach from 'chaotic' club

    Xabi Alonso did not last a full season at Real Madrid, having been given the boot following the Supercopa de Espana defeat to Barcelona.

    Football
  • Getty
    11 hours ago

    FIFA tipped for 'Prestianni law' rule change after incident with Vinicius Jr

    Benfica's Gianluca Prestianni was accused of making a racist comment to Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr while covering his mouth.

    Football
  • Gianluca Prestianni's lock screen wallpaper emerges after Vinicius Jr incident
  • Benfica vs Real Madrid match suspended as chaos ensues following Vini Jr incident
  • Real Madrid Could Boycott Ballon d’Or as Furious Stance Revealed
  • Mark Clattenburg issues statement after backlash over Vinicius Jr comments on air