sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Vinicius Jr sends message of support to Benjamin Mendy after not guilty verdict in rape trial
Home>Football>Football News
Published 11:32 16 Jul 2023 GMT+1

Vinicius Jr sends message of support to Benjamin Mendy after not guilty verdict in rape trial

Benjamin Mendy was found not guilty on Friday

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Real Madrid star Vinicius Junior has sent a message of support to Benjamin Mendy on the back of the Frenchman’s trial.

Mendy was accused of attacking two women during a party which took place in October 2020.

After facing a retrial on one count of rape and one count of attempted rape, the 28-year-old was found not guilty at Chester Crown Court.

On the back of this news, Madrid star Vinicius has taken to social media to send a message of support to Mendy.

Advert

The Brazilian wrote on Twitter: “I'm sorry for everything you’ve been through, Benjamin Mendy.

“You lost two years of your career, but that's the least of this whole situation… What about the psychological damage? Surely your life will never be the same. The culture of destroying reputations has made yet another victim.

“Until when will we be accused and condemned without having the right to basic defense? Fake news are created and spread without checking any facts (which is something I personally felt a lot on this holidays) and then the situation only gets worse.”

Vinicius continued: “Being responsible would be the minimum for any professional, but nowadays serious work has become an exception. There’s no limits to get more clicks and engagement.

“My question is what will be done to repair the damage?”

I'm sorry for everything you’ve been through, Benjamin Mendy.

You lost two years of your career, but that's the least of this whole situation… What about the psychological damage? Surely your life will never be the same. The culture of destroying reputations has made yet… pic.twitter.com/8ZtWeZ4C10

— Vini Jr. (@vinijr) July 16, 2023

The head of serious and general crime at Hickman & Rose, Jenny Wiltshire said after the trial: “Benjamin Mendy would like to thank the members of the jury for focussing on the evidence in this trial, rather than on the rumour and innuendo that have followed this case from the outset.

“This is the second time that Mr Mendy has been tried and found not guilty by a jury. He is delighted that both juries reached the correct verdicts.”

Mendy is currently without a club after he was released by Manchester City last month upon the expiration of his contract.

During his time at the Etihad club, he won three Premier League titles and two EFL Cups.

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports News/365Scores Brasil

Topics: Benjamin Mendy, Real Madrid, Football, Vinicius Jr

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

11 mins ago
an hour ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Liverpool FC/Getty
    11 mins ago

    ‘That’s never going to happen to me again’: Mo Salah’s darkest moment described by fellow Liverpool legend

    This almost broke the Egyptian.

    Football
  • Eddie Keogh/Stringer/Getty
    an hour ago

    Pep Guardiola praised after speaking about the one regret he's ‘hid deep inside for many years'

    The Manchester City man still thinks about it.

    Football
  • Getty
    3 hours ago

    Jose Mourinho ready to axe TEN Real Madrid players including unthinkable name

    Mourinho is willing to sanction the sales of a host of Real Madrid stars - with some more surprising inclusions than others.

    Football
  • Getty
    4 hours ago

    Man Utd 'close in' on £140m double transfer including player Michael Carrick 'specifically wants'

    Michael Carrick was officially unveiled as United's new permanent head coach on Friday, having signed a two-year contract.

    Football
  • Vinicius Jr Issues Public Apology to Girlfriend After 'Disappointing Her'
  • Vinicius Jr Stance on Premier League Transfer Clear as 'Club Plot £176m Bid'
  • Real Madrid ‘Target’ Stunning Replacement for Vinicius Jr Amid Contract Bombshell
  • Jose Mourinho reveals consequences if Gianluca Prestianni is found guilty of racially abusing Vinicius Jr