sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Ballon d'Or executive releases strongly-worded statement amid shock claims about Vinicius Jr and Real Madrid
Home>Football>Football News
Updated 15:06 28 Oct 2024 GMTPublished 14:52 28 Oct 2024 GMT

Ballon d'Or executive releases strongly-worded statement amid shock claims about Vinicius Jr and Real Madrid

The Ballon d'Or have hit back following rumours.

Tom Jenkins

Tom Jenkins

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

The Ballon d'Or executives have been forced to speak out as rumours that Vinicius Jr and Real Madrid won't be attending Monday's ceremony emerge.

The winner of the Ballon d’Or will be announced at the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris, France, with Vinicius Jr and Rodri the two favourites for the award.

It was previously speculated by MARCA that Madrid superstar Vinicius would win the the prestigious accolade, but recent reports from RMC Sport’s Fabrice Hawkins now claim the Brazilian will miss out.

He wrote on social media: “BREAKING. Vinicius Jr.'s entourage is now convinced that he will not be named Ballon d'Or. Everyone in Madrid has this feeling."

Advert

This news has since followed reports from transfer specialist Fabrizio Romano that Vini will now no longer be in attendance for Monday's awards.

He posted on X: “BREAKING: Vinicius Jr will NOT travel to Paris as Real Madrid know he will NOT win the Ballon d’Or.

“No one from Real Madrid will attend the ceremony. No Florentino Pérez, no Vini Jr, no Carlo Ancelotti, no Jude Bellingham.”

With Vini now seemingly out of contention, Manchester City's Rodri looks set to pick up the award according to reports.

However, Ballon d'Or executive, Marc Las, has hit back and claimed only two people know the winner of 2024's award.

"Only two people know the winner, me and the chief of France football. Anyone who says they know the winner or have a list is a liar," he told L'equipe.

Rodri- Getty
Rodri- Getty

We will not know for sure until the winner is announced tonight during what is billed as a star-studded event in the capital of France despite the absence of Real Madrid.

Speaking previously about the award , Rodri said: “A Spaniard deserves to win. Spanish football deserves a Ballon d’Or winner. Spain deserves to win a Ballon d’Or.”

Featured Image Credit: Getty
Tom Jenkins
Tom Jenkins

Tom Jenkins is a Social Editor and Journalist for SPORTBible. Specialises in Football and F1 but has experience covering a variety of sports such as MMA, Boxing and Cricket. Suffers weekly as an Evertonian.

X

@tomjenkns

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

  • Shock club line up 'staggering world-record bid' for Vinicius Jr amid Real Madrid contract talks
  • Vini Jr linked with shock Premier League move as Real Madrid tensions boil over
  • Real Madrid ‘Target’ Stunning Replacement for Vinicius Jr Amid Contract Bombshell
  • Florián Wirtz hits out at reports in strongly-worded Instagram post amid potential Liverpool move

Choose your content:

28 mins ago
2 hours ago
  • Getty
    28 mins ago

    PGMO reveal whether Man Utd 'handball' against Nottingham Forest was the wrong decision as update issued

    Bryan Mbeumo handball should have seen Man Utd goal disallowed, admits referees' body

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Spain rocked by fresh World Cup injury worry involving key star as Lamine Yamal set to miss opener

    Yet another selection headache for Luis de la Fuente ahead of the announcement of his 26-man squad on May 25.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Champions League matches could soon be broadcast for FREE with talks 'very close to being finalised'

    The biggest competition in club football could soon be shown for free.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Celtic could be handed points deduction for next season as former official gives his take on situation

    A large number of Celtic fans invaded the pitch during their final game of the season against Hearts.

    Football