It's been confirmed the Blaugrana legend will be return to the Camp Nou to replace Ronald Koeman.
Barcelona have paid Qatari side Al Sadd around €5 million for his services and the 41-year-old is ready to make massive changes.
SPORT have reported the first name on the chopping block is de Jong, who only arrived on deadline day.
Luuk de Jong isn't part of Xavi Hernández' plans, and the club will do everything possible to get rid of the striker in January. [sport]
- barcacentre (@barcacentre) November 5, 2021
The Netherlands international joined on loan after Antoine Griezmann re-joined Atletico Madrid earlier in the day.
Former manager Koeman spoke fondly of de Jong's aerial ability and believed he'd be a valuable asset.
However, the former Newcastle man hasn't settled and doesn't seem the right fit for Barcelona's style of play.
He's scored once in nine games and been left on the bench for the last two.
De Jong had an upward battle from the get-go after being compared to Neymar by Koeman.
On the topic of his heading ability, Koeman said: "When there's a cross coming in, Luuk is more dangerous than Neymar.
"He's a different kind of forward to what we have, and I think all teams should have one like him."
Should de Jong be sent back to Sevilla, it would leave Barcelona depleted in the forward department.
Sergio Aguero has been ruled out of action for at least three months after suffering breathing difficulties during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Alaves.
Meanwhile, Martin Braithwaite is out until 2022 with a knee injury and Ousmane Dembele has a hamstring problem.
Do you think Xavi will be successful at Barcelona?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
- Barcelona manager Xavi told to get a new coaching staff, it's jobs for the boys
- Every single Pumas player was desperate for a picture with Xavi Hernandez, he did the same pose over and over again
- Former Barcelona Boss Aims Dig At Joan Laporta Over Xavi Appointment
- Barcelona Make Contact With Former Player Over Possible Transfer