| Last updated
A list of the most expensive players to miss Euro 2020 this summer has been revealed and it comes as no surprise to see Erling Haaland top.
The Borussia Dortmund striker couldn't inspire Norway to qualification last year as they were eliminated from the play-offs.
It means the 20-year-old will have to sit out the first major tournament of his career, but he isn't the only top talent to give it a miss.
Check out the entire top ten according to Transfermarkt, per The Sun, below:
10. Stefan Savic (Serbia & Atletico Madrid) - £22 million
9. Marash Kumbulla (Albania & Roma) - £24.3 million
8. Nikola Milenkovic (Serbia & Fiorentina) - £25.2 million
=6. Kostas Manolas (Greece & Napoli) - £28.8 million
6. Filip Kostic (Serbia & Eintracht Frankfurt) - £28.8 million
=4. Martin Odegaard (Norway & Arsenal, on loan from Real Madrid) - £36 million
4. Miralem Pjanic (Bosnia & Barcelona) - £36 million
3. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Serbia & Lazio) - £63 million
2. Jan Oblak (Slovenia & Atletico Madrid) - £81 million
1. Erling Haaland (Norway & Borussia Dortmund) - £99 million
Jan Oblak is regarded as one of the world's best keepers but he'll also be spending a summer at home due to Slovenia's failure to qualify.
Miralem Pjanic's Bosnia are also missing and Martin Odegaard, regarded as one of Norway's top prospects alongside Haaland, can have a summer getting back into Real Madrid's squad.
While Haaland won't be playing football this summer, he can take solace in the fact this season has seen him win the first major honour of his career.
He bagged a brace in a dominant 4-1 win against RB Leipzig on Thursday evening as Dortmund lifted the DFB Pokal.
It was the perfect showcase for Haaland, who managed to body Dayot Upamecano and show incredible strength for his first goal.
Post-match then delivered exactly what we've come to expect from the forward - box-office entertainment.
He then completed some post-match media in typical fashion, which saw him discuss a 's**t' second half as well as his biceps.
Yes, you really cannot predict what will come out of his mouth next.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read