The Italian giants defeated Porto 3-2 on Tuesday evening but still crashed out of the competition 4-4 on aggregate, thanks to away goals.
Porto's winner came from a Sergio Oliveira free-kick and he drove it under the wall and through Ronaldo's legs.
Former Juve striker Nicola Amoruso didn't hold back when talking to Sky Italia and he stated per Goal: "I would never put him [Ronaldo] in the barrier on free kicks.
THIS IS TRULY INCREDIBLE!!!!- Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) March 9, 2021
Sérgio Oliveira scores for 10-man Porto and the visitors are on the brink of going through!
WHAT. A. GAME! pic.twitter.com/PkUAlrfxd5
"He is afraid of receiving a ball in the face because he cares about his image."
Amoruso's not the first Juventus alumni to express their frustration at the 36-year-old.
Ronaldo didn't enjoy the best of games in general and it made criticism for his defending harsher, with Fabio Capello slamming the Portuguese superstar.
The 74-year-old said: "Certain goals cannot be conceded.
"Cristiano Ronaldo jumping and turning in the wall... whoever is in the wall cannot be afraid of being hit. It is an unforgivable mistake that has no excuse.
Alessandro Del Piero added: "Cristiano must take some blame, of course.
"He did not have many chances but he wasted that header that we should have taken advantage of."
Manager Andrea Pirlo has defended Ronaldo's mistake and while conceding it was 'unforgivable', he claimed it was a thought out decision.
The World Cup winner explained: "We choose the players to go in the wall. It had never happened before that they'd turn around, maybe they felt it was so far out that they didn't sense the danger.
"It was a mistake, it usually doesn't happen, the players didn't feel it was a dangerous situation and conceded a goal."
Juventus' elimination means it's the second time in two years they've dropped out at the last 16 stage, with defeat to Lyon last season costing Maurizio Sarri his job.
Pirlo remains calm about his future however and stressed it's a long-term process.
Per Fabrizio Romano he said: "I've been called here at Juventus because it's the beginning of a new project, looking at the future and for several years. I continue calmly with my work."
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read