Stats Reveal How Bad Memphis Has Been For Manchester United
What on Earth has happened to Memphis Depay?
The Dutch winger was supposed to be the catalyst for Manchester United's challenge for the Premier League title this season, following his big-money move from PSV last summer.
But the exciting prospect that took the Eredivise by storm last season basically hasn't shown up for the Red Devils in this campaign, with a measly seven goals in all competitions his total return so far.
And things just go from bad to worse for Depay, with new statistics suggesting that he is the worst overall forward in the Premier League this season.
'Worst' is quite an ambiguous term, but by that we mean he has the worst conversion rate out of any attacking player in the league to have managed at least 30 shots on goal this season.
More Like ThisMore Like This
The figures are compiled by WhoScored.com and highlight just how disappointing Depay has been since arriving in England.
He beats the likes of Jordan Ayew, Cameron Jerome and Wilfried Bony in the top 10. Impressive stuff.
Here are the worst offenders:
10. Jordan Ayew - 10.2% conversion rate
9. Alexis Sanchez - 9.5% conversion rate
8. Josh King - 9.5% conversion rate
7. Bafetimbi Gomis - 9.1% conversion rate
6. Rudy Gestede - 8.9% conversion rate
5. Cameron Jerome - 8.3% conversion rate
4. Fabio Borini - 8.1% conversion rate
3. Wilfried Bony - 7.3% conversion rate
2. Heung-Min Son - 6.7% conversion rate
1. Memphis Depay - 4.3% conversion rate