sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Cristiano Ronaldo Spotted 'Leaving Old Trafford Before Full-Time Whistle Of Rayo Vallecano Friendly'
Home>Football
Updated 19:18 31 Jul 2022 GMT+1Published 18:19 31 Jul 2022 GMT+1

Cristiano Ronaldo Spotted 'Leaving Old Trafford Before Full-Time Whistle Of Rayo Vallecano Friendly'

A fan took a picture of the Manchester United forward leaving Old Trafford.

Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cristiano Ronaldo didn't hang around after he was substituted in Manchester United's pre-season friendly against Rayo Vallecano on Sunday afternoon.

In fact, the 37-year-old forward, who has been heavily linked with a move this summer, was spotted leaving Old Trafford before the full-time whistle, according to a fan.

Twitter user @CantonaManc took a snap of Ronaldo as he was departing the Theatre of Dreams and posted that picture alongside the caption: "Not even waited for the final whistle."

He also replied to his own post with the caption: "The king is gone."

The United fan also responded to another supporter, saying: "Honest haha everyone was like wtf."

Ronaldo was the only player to be brought off at half-time by Erik ten Hag during their final pre-season against Rayo Vallecano. He replaced Amad Diallo, who scored United's only goal in the 1-1 draw.

Advert

Ahead of kick-off, new United boss Ten Hag said the five-time Ballon d'Or winner was "not on the level" of his Manchester United teammates when it comes to being match fit.

"I cannot tell in this moment," the Dutchman told Sky Sports. "He is definitely not on the level of our current squad, because he missed a lot of weeks. So he needs games and he needs a lot of training."


It was reported last month that the five-time Ballon d'Or winner has asked to be allowed to leave Manchester United should the Premier League club receive a 'satisfactory offer' this summer.

His decision is driven by a desire to play in the Champions League for the remainder of his career, say The Times, who claim the 37-year-old believes he has 'three or four years' left at the highest level.

Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, has certainly been busy in recent weeks.

He reportedly held discussions over a possible transfer with Chelsea owner Todd Boehly and officials at Bayern Munich.

Atletico Madrid were also linked with a move but days later, the club's supporters launched an online campaign to prevent Ronaldo joining the La Liga side.

A statement by fan group Union Internacional de Penas del Atletico Madrid was released before their pre season game against Numancia this week.

It said: “Given the possibility that the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo is more than just a rumour we express our absolute rejection of any hypothetical incorporation into our club.

“The aforementioned player represents the antithesis of the values that are the hallmarks of our Atleti, such as effort, generosity, simplicity and humility.

“Even in the unlikely event that a player in decline such as Cristiano Ronaldo could secure a title; we would not accept his signing.

“The sense of belonging to our Atletico is not something that is within his reach, to his misfortune, so he could never achieve our affection or recognition.

“Therefore, we ask the club to reject his possible signing, if he has ever been considered.” 

Featured Image Credit: Twitter/@CantonaManc - Alamy

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United

Jack Kenmare
Jack Kenmare

Jack Kenmare is the Senior Journalist for SPORTbible, one of the world’s biggest social publishers. He specialises in long-form feature writing and has an encyclopedic knowledge of Football Manager wonderkids from 2005 to the present day. He has a BA (Hons) in Journalism and News Practice.

X

@jackkenmare_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

Just now
16 mins ago
an hour ago
  • Getty
    Just now

    Southampton take drastic action on Tonda Eckert after spygate scandal

    Southampton were expelled from the Championship play-off final

    Football
  • Getty
    16 mins ago

    Gabriel Magalhaes takes aim at viral Man City fan after winning Premier League

    Gabriel Magalhaes couldn't help but react on Instagram after becoming a Premier League champion on Tuesday night.

    Football
  • Getty & Instagram/@bukayosaka87
    an hour ago

    Bukayo Saka sends message directly to Arsenal rivals after winning Premier League

    Bukayo Saka addressed those who laughed at Arsenal after finally becoming a Premier League winner.

    Football
  • Getty
    an hour ago

    Two Arsenal players aren't guaranteed Premier League winners medal after title win

    Arsenal have won a first Premier League title in 22 years but two senior players haven't reached the required amount of appearances.

    Football
  • Why Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi lost millions of Instagram followers
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Jr targeted by five elite European clubs and he may snub playing with his dad
  • Man Utd fans spot transfer leak at Old Trafford
  • Cristiano Ronaldo left 'in tears' after unthinkable scenario plays out in Al Nassr game