sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Cristiano Ronaldo ‘Wrong’ And ‘Disrespectful’ To Demand Manchester United Exit
Home>Football
Published 16:25 1 Aug 2022 GMT+1

Cristiano Ronaldo ‘Wrong’ And ‘Disrespectful’ To Demand Manchester United Exit

Will Ronaldo stay or leave?

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Cristiano Ronaldo has been told that the way he demanded an exit from Manchester United this summer was ‘wrong’ and ‘disrespectful’. 

Ronaldo handed in a transfer request last month after being irked by the fact that United will be playing in the Europa League in the new season. 

The five time Ballon d’Or winner wants to play in the Champions League in order to cement himself as the top goal scorer in the competition’s history. He also wants to be challenging for the top honours, something he feels United are unable to do at the moment. 

Image
Alamy

Advert

According to former Chelsea player Frank Leboeuf, Ronaldo was wrong to demand a move away from Old Trafford. 

He told ESPN FC: “It is (wrong) for me. It’s not professional with all due respect and the fact I appreciate the player and what he achieved in his career but it’s not professional and disrespectful towards the club. 

“You have to stay, you have to show respect to the other players, to the fans that came, you still belong to the club, you signed for it, you have to play for them, didn’t make any mistakes, they want to keep you so the only thing you have to say is at least sit on the bench and wait until the end of the game.” 

Image
Alamy

Despite his clear desire to seek a move away, United boss Erik ten Hag has said that Ronaldo is not for sale and remains part of his plans for the season. 

The Dutchman previously said: “We are planning for Cristiano Ronaldo for the season and that's it. I'm looking forward to working with him. I have read [that he wants to leave], but what I say is Cristiano is not for sale, he is in our plans and we want success together.” 

Ronaldo appeared in the United shirt for the first time since his transfer plea on Sunday, he started Ten Hag’s first game in charge at Old Trafford against Rayo Vallecano. 

The Portuguese international failed to muster a single shot on target and was substituted at half time. 

Ronaldo was then pictured leaving Old Trafford before the full time whistle, however, it has been reported that United were happy with his early exit and that other players left early too. 

The 37-year-old was also filmed having what looked like a tense exchange with Ten Hag during the game against Vallecano. 

Many clubs have been linked with a move for the Portugal captain but it looks increasingly likely that Ronaldo will stay at Old Trafford as teams like Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have all ruled themselves out of the race for his signature. 

Will Ronaldo be granted his wish of a move away? Only time will tell. 

Featured Image Credit: Alamy

Topics: Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United, Manchester United Transfer News & Rumours

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

29 mins ago
an hour ago
2 hours ago
4 hours ago
  • Getty Images
    29 mins ago

    Pep Guardiola responds to rumours he will leave Manchester City after Premier League title loss

    The Manchester City boss has finally broken his silence on the rumours.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    an hour ago

    Mikel Arteta revealed exactly what he would be doing as Arsenal crowned Premier League champions

    The Gunners are the 2026 Premier League winners following Manchester City's draw with Bournemouth.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    2 hours ago

    Ruben Amorim set for perfect next job four months after Man United sacking

    The former United manager is finally set to take on a new role.

    Football
  • Getty Images
    4 hours ago

    Southampton EXPELLED from Championship play-offs as Middlesbrough reinstated

    Middlesbrough will now face Hull City in the play-off final on Saturday, May 23.

    Football
  • Why Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi lost millions of Instagram followers
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Jr targeted by five elite European clubs and he may snub playing with his dad
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Tipped For Stunning Return to Man Utd
  • Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Most Expensive Item He's Ever Bought