• Football
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • Home
  • Football
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • Lionel Messi
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • EA FC 25
    • Wrexham
  • Boxing
    • Tyson Fury
    • Anthony Joshua
    • Oleksandr Usyk
    • Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul
    • Logan Paul
  • UFC
    • Dana White
    • Conor McGregor
    • Khabib Nurmagomedov
    • Jon Jones
    • Paddy Pimblett
    • Joe Rogan
  • Other Sport
    • Athletics
    • Formula 1
    • MMA
    • Motorsport
    • NBA
    • Darts
    • NFL
    • Snooker
    • Wrestling
    • Tennis
    • Cricket
    • Golf
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • LADbible Group
  • LADbible
  • UNILAD
  • GAMINGbible
  • Tyla
  • UNILAD Tech
  • FOODbible
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Threads
Snapchat
TikTok
YouTube
Guests at Michael Schumacher's 'first public appearance in 11 years' were made to follow strict rule amid new update

Home> F1

Published 12:18 27 Mar 2025 GMT

Guests at Michael Schumacher's 'first public appearance in 11 years' were made to follow strict rule amid new update

Schumacher is 'very likely' to have made a public appearance last year, according to BILD.

Ryan Smart

Ryan Smart

Guests at what was reportedly 'very likely' to have been Michael Schumacher's first public appearance in 11 years are said to have had to follow one strict rule.

The Formula 1 legend has not been seen publicly since he suffered a severe head injury in a skiing accident in December 2013.

Schumacher was airlifted to hospital before being placed in a medically induced coma.

Advert

A doctor stated in a press conference following the accident that Schumacher wearing a helmet saved his life.

He was brought out of the coma in June 2014 and has since been recovering with his family.

No official updates have since been released by his family in order to protect the record-equalling seven-time F1 world champion's family.

On Thursday, a German journalist - who is believed to be close to Schumacher - made a new claim about the 56-year-old's health.

Advert

That emerged nearly six months on from a report from German outlet BILD, who wrote that Schumacher was 'very likely' to have been present at his daughter Gina's wedding, which took place in Mallorca in September.

The report claimed that guests were told to hand over their mobile phones to the property's security, in order to ensure that no images of the property could be taken and then potentially leaked to the press. Schumacher, nor his location, have been pictured since his accident.

Schumacher won 91 races during his Formula 1 career (Image: Twitter)
Schumacher won 91 races during his Formula 1 career (Image: Twitter)

In other news relating to the F1 legend, three suspects were placed on trial in the German city of Wuppertal last month accused of a £12 million blackmail plot against Schumacher and his family.

Advert

German prosecutors alleged that a man, addressed as Markus F, used his 'trusted role within the family's security team' to access and steal 1,500 photographs and 200 videos of the seven-time world champion.

It was further alleged that Mr F prepared a plan, along with the two others addressed as 'Yilmaz T' and 'Daniel L', to threaten to release the media on to the dark web if a ransom fee was not paid.

The BBC reported that Yilmaz T was jailed for three years for threatening to upload 900 personal photos, almost 600 videos and confidential medical records to the dark web, while his son was given a six-month suspended sentence for aiding and abetting extortion.

Mr F, meanwhile, was given a two-year suspended sentence.

The Schumacher family signalled their intention to appeal, with a representative for the F1 legend's wife Corinna stating: "We have appealed against what we consider to be the far too lenient sentence for Mr F.

Advert

"In my opinion, he was the mastermind behind this. What still shocks me most is the massive breach of trust."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Michael Schumacher, Formula 1, Ferrari

Ryan Smart
Ryan Smart

Live in constant hope of the top flight as a Preston North End fan. Written in the past for SPORF, GiveMeSport and more.

Advert

Advert

Advert

Choose your content:

13 hours ago
14 hours ago
17 hours ago
a day ago
  • YouTube/QuadrantYouTube/Quadrant
    13 hours ago

    Current F1 driver goes undercover in amateur go-kart event and the footage is fascinating

    The clip has already received over one million views.

    F1
  • GettyGetty
    14 hours ago

    Christian Horner suffers new blow after another F1 team rule out move for ex-Red Bull boss

    Horner was sacked by Red Bull back in July, having served as team principal for 20 years.

    F1
  • GettyGetty
    17 hours ago

    F1 driver's future plunged into doubt on the eve of Dutch GP

    The 2025 Formula 1 season continues in Zandvoort.

    F1
  • GettyGetty
    a day ago

    FIA make major change ahead of Dutch GP amid Max Verstappen and George Russell concerns

    The change will be implemented from the Dutch Grand Prix weekend onwards.

    F1
  • Guests at Michael Schumacher's 'first public appearance in 11 years' were given strict rule to follow
  • Expert neurosurgeon comments on Michael Schumacher's possible condition amid 'first public outing in 11 years' claims
  • Michael Schumacher's wife Corinna gave emotional update on F1 legend's condition before 'public appearance'
  • Michael Schumacher's official social media account makes first post in five months after his 'public appearance' at wedding