sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
F1 team told 2026 season is 'over' after unaired footage from Bahrain emerges
Home>F1
Published 11:13 19 Feb 2026 GMT

F1 team told 2026 season is 'over' after unaired footage from Bahrain emerges

Testing ahead of the 2026 Formula 1 season continues this week in Bahrain.

Marcus Chan

Marcus Chan

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Formula 1 fans have been reacting on social media after an unaired clip of one team emerged from Bahrain.

This week, testing ahead of the 2026 F1 season continues around the Bahrain International Circuit.

On Wednesday, Ferrari's Charles Leclerc produced an impressive morning session and led the time sheet for the majority of the day.

However, by the end of the day, Leclerc was overtaken by McLaren's Oscar Piastri and Mercedes star George Russell.

Advert

Russell ended the day as the fastest driver, setting a quickest lap of 1:33.459.

Meanwhile, Leclerc's teammate at Ferrari, Lewis Hamilton, endured a tough afternoon session as his stint was limited due to a technical issue on the SF-26.

Further down the pecking order, it was another tough day for Aston Martin, as Lance Stroll and Fernando Alonso finished 15th and 17th respectively.

Fernando Alonso on track in Bahrain. Image: Getty
Fernando Alonso on track in Bahrain. Image: Getty

On social media, a clip of Stroll, team principal Adrian Newey and owner Lawrence Stroll has gone viral.

Stroll appeared to make multiple hand gestures as he spoke to Newey, who looked slightly stressed.

It has been a tough start for Newey at Aston Martin, with the team only managing 206 laps last week as they encountered multiple problems.

Reacting on social media, one fan said: "I know he’s (Newey) old but he looks several years older after working on that car omg."

Another tweeted: "Brace yourselves, boys and girls. It looks like it's going to be one long and painful first half of the season."

A third fan added: "Yeah... it's so f****** over..."


⚠️ Imágenes preocupantes de Newey, Cardile, Lance y Lawrence Stroll tras los test de hoy#F1 #F1Testingpic.twitter.com/yxL46zOSWN

— Fórmula Directa (@FormulaDirecta) February 18, 2026

Someone else wrote: "Sometimes the grass isn’t greener on the other side."

A fifth commented: "The rumors are true. The car is a piece of junk."

Speaking last week, Stroll admitted that Aston Martin are a long way off the pace.

He said: "Right now, we look like we're four seconds off the top team, four-and-a-half seconds. Impossible to know what fuel loads and everything people are running. But, yeah, now we need to try and find four seconds of performance."

Featured Image Credit: Getty

Topics: Formula 1, Fernando Alonso, Fan Reactions

Marcus Chan
Marcus Chan

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

25 days ago
26 days ago
  • SPORTbible
    25 days ago

    Formula E unveil game-changing new car that will have F1 looking over their shoulder

    The new car reaches 0-200kph in just 4.4 seconds, which is 1.5 seconds faster than its predecessor.

    F1
  • Getty
    25 days ago

    Christian Horner 'explores' moving to other sport after being blocked in F1

    Horner was sacked by Red Bull after 20 years in July 2025.

    F1
  • Getty
    25 days ago

    Fernando Alonso issues retirement update ahead of Miami Grand Prix

    The Aston Martin driver has spoken about his future after a torrid start to the season.

    F1
  • Getty
    26 days ago

    F1 have quietly removed controversial new rule that drivers and team bosses hated

    The small change is set to make an important difference in certain parts of each circuit.

    F1
  • Jenson Button Reveals Dark Horse for 2026 F1 Season Due to 'Massive' Advantage
  • F1 to have extra 2026 pre-season test with bizarre location selected
  • F1 Insider Says One Team Has 'Really Impressed' Everybody During Bahrain Test
  • Full F1 Pre-Season Bahrain Morning Test Times Including Hamilton And Verstappen