
The PDC Order of Merit has been updated after the conclusion of the 2026 World Championship, with one player falling outside of the top 64 after being 'stripped' of his tournament prize money.
Luke Littler solidified his place at the top of the Order of Merit with an emphatic 7-1 victory over Gian van Veen in Saturday's World Championship final.
The 18-year-old, who became the youngest world number one in PDC history after making it to the final of last year's Grand Slam of Darts, has now secured £2,770,500 in prize money following his latest triumph.
It means Littler has extended his lead over nearest rival Luke Humphries to more than £1.5 million.
Advert
Away from the two-time world champion and one of the big talking points from the updated PDC Order of Merit standings was the ranking of Dom Taylor.
Taylor was set to earn £25,000 in prize money following a first-round win over Oskar Lukasiak but after failing a drugs test, he was excluded from the 2026 World Championship ahead of his second-round clash against Jonny Clayton.
The 27-year-old was ranked 65th in the world at the start of the tournament.
However, the Bristol-born thrower currently sits 68th in the updated PDC Order of Merit standings after being 'stripped' of the 2026 World Championship prize money, according to talkSPORT.
The report adds: "Taylor now ranks 68th, and is therefore outside the top 64 that earns a one-year tour card."
Taylor has been suspended from darts after a drug test at the World Championship produced an "adverse analytical finding".
In a statement released on December 19, the DRA said: "On 19 December, the DRA was notified of an adverse analytical finding in respect of the player Dom Taylor resulting from a test conducted on 14 December.
"As a result of this and in line with relevant DRA processes, Dom Taylor has been suspended from participating in any DRA regulated events with immediate effect.
"This matter will now be the subject of a disciplinary process in line with the relevant DRA anti-doping rules.
"The DRA will not be making any further comment pending the outcome of this confidential process."
Dom Taylor releases statement on Facebook after being excluded from World Championship
After his exit from the World Championship, Taylor said his mental health had been affected by a series of personal traumas, including the anniversary of his daughter's death.
In a statement on Facebook, he wrote: "The first thing I need to say is SORRY!!
"I am sorry to every single one of my family, friends, sponsors, management team and most important of all, you guys, all my fans be it outside of darts or inside of darts, the game/sport I love the most.
"Also I need to apologise for blatant lying to you all in my interview after my win against Oskar last week, as I have been lying to MYSELF and everyone else around me!
"I DID complete and finish the course that I was required to do at the end of last/beginning of this year,along with every thing else I was required to do and sanctions!
"It is NO excuse but all I can put it down to is the trauma’s I had in my early teen life, finding my deceased nan in bed at the age of 12, then within a year multiple other events happened including my brother having a heart attack and being non-responsive for 45 mins along with a very close friend dying of a brain tumour which all hit me very very hard, my parents being the great parents they are got me counselling and help at the time but in hindsight I should of had more that just that little bit!!
"I have let many of people down to say the least but most importantly I have let down 4 main people, my 2 daughters and my 2 biggest fans of which my grampy passed before I made it, but my dad on the other hand who is of course always supporting me ringing me with words of encouragement and advise from his experience playing the game pushing to high levels but not quite to the mark I was able to despite all of his health issues which is always on my mind too!
"Not to mention the rest of my family at home who support constantly and the man who drives me everywhere!
"All I’ve ever wanted was just to make everyone proud which I hope I have done until this moment, I know everyone including my dad and family are very upset and disappointed in me."

Taylor continued: "The anniversary of my daughters death this year hit me very hard too and that’s when I started struggling with my mental health again and turned back to substances to allow my body and head cope with things, not needing to worry about anything!
"It was only darts that I would be able to focus on and not have my own thoughts be running around my head and things popping up that I wouldn’t know what was actually going on around me and I would be a blank person, I NEVER done it while at a pdc/dra darts event as that would the way my mind is focused and busy with the only thoughts in my head are numbers and where my next darts are going, speaking to people and being active social,although social anxiety would be there I was doing the thing I love most so I was able to block it out but away from darts is when things are a struggle in my head!
"I couldn’t be playing darts 24/7 or practicing in all of my spare time with dealing and going through dartitis twice in my career aged 16&20, I have to put the work in but also limit myself!
"I now know that I should have spoken to someone be it my management, family or the PDPA but that’s all good saying afterwards when your worlds crashes down after you think you can handle everything as you always have done and TRIED to think your being the strong tough person and can deal with it all yourself!
"Things didn’t help that I recently missed my uncles funeral as I was playing at the players championships trying to secure qualification int the worlds(I know how Cammy feels) and he knows where I am if he wants to chat!
"Again, these are NOT EXCUSES nor am I trying to get myself out of anything, I AM SINCERELY SORRY to everyone and I will be getting the help I need! Thank you to you all for your support and we will see you in time to come because I WILL be back to prove!
IM SORRY TO YOU ALL."
SPORTbible reached out to the DRA for comment. They said: "When Dom Taylor was suspended his prize money was withheld pending a Disciplinary Hearing. If he is convicted of the anti-doping offence at a Hearing, his prize money and ranking points will be forfeit as per the DRA Anti-Doping Rules Rule 9."
Topics: Darts, World Darts Championship