sportbible homepage
sportbible homepage
  • Home
  • Football
    • Premier League
    • Champions League
    • World Cup
    • England
    • Transfer News
    • Manchester United
    • Liverpool
    • Arsenal
    • Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
  • Formula 1
    • Red Bull
    • Ferrari
    • McLaren
    • Mercedes
    • Max Verstappen
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Lando Norris
    • George Russell
    • Charles Leclerc
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • More Sport
    • Tennis
    • Golf
    • NBA
    • NFL
    • Darts
    • Athletics
    • Rugby
    • Wrestling
  • Advertise
  • Terms
  • Privacy & Cookies
  • License Our Content
  • About Us & Contact
  • Jobs
  • Latest
  • Archive
  • Topics A-Z
  • Authors
Facebook
Instagram
X
Snapchat
TikTok
Threads
YouTube
Submit Your Content Here
  • GAMINGbible
  • LADbible Group
  • UNILAD
  • LADbible
  • Tyla
  • FOODbible
  • UNILAD Tech
Tyson Fury has decided on a new opponent if Anthony Joshua misses deal deadline
Home>Boxing
Published 14:05 26 Sep 2022 GMT+1

Tyson Fury has decided on a new opponent if Anthony Joshua misses deal deadline

Joshua has until today to sign the contract.

Daniel Marland

Daniel Marland

google discoverFollow us on Google Discover

Tyson Fury has confirmed he will take on Mahmoud Charr in December if Anthony Joshua fails to sign the contract for their fight by the end of Monday. Check out Fury's latest video below:

Fury offered his fellow Brit a chance at the WBC heavyweight championship earlier this month, but it's yet to be officially confirmed.

'The Gypsy King' has given Joshua a deadline of 5pm or he'll be 'moving on' to former WBA heavyweight champion Charr.

Advert

Per Michael Benson, Tyson left a comment on an Instagram video of Charr which reads: "If he (Joshua) don't sign today, you (Charr) are in big G.

"And you can show them how a real man throws down."

‼️ Tyson Fury has now responded to Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr and told him that he'll fight him on Dec 3rd if Anthony Joshua does not sign the contract today: "If he don't sign today, you are in big G. And you can show them how a real man throws down."

— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) September 26, 2022

Charr called Joshua a 'p**sy boy' and claimed he would be ready to step up.

He stated: "Salam Alaikum, Tyson Fury. You know and I know that Anthony p**sy boy will not sign the paper tomorrow.

"Take my challenge. I am ready for you."

The 37-year-old has a 33-4 record and is on a five fight unbeaten run.

Joshua lost his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk last month and shortly after, was publicly given the chance to go at it with Fury.

Back in April, Fury retired after defeating Dillian Whyte but reversed his decision over the summer.

The duo went back and forth over a date on social media before they agreed on December 3.

'AJ' told fans the contract is currently with his lawyer and that's what has delayed confirmation.

Anthony Joshua freestyling about the Tyson Fury fight negotiations today…

[🎥 @AnthonyJoshua] pic.twitter.com/jtyUaebV1f

— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) September 25, 2022

He said in a video posted on Sunday: "I've been signing contracts for years. It's not in my hands, it's with the legal team.

"That's why you hire lawyers. If you know the history of boxing make sure you get your legal terms right.

"That's why you got good managers and good lawyers.

"So, of course, I'm going to sign the contract. It's just with some lawyers at the minute."

SPORTbible Stories is the brand-new podcast from the SPORT team at LADbible. The latest episode features a chat with WWE legend Triple H who opens up on his long in-ring career, his rivalry with The Rock during WWE's Attitude Era and Logan Paul's fledgling wrestling career. You can watch the episode here.

Featured Image Credit: Tyson Fury/Instagram & Anthony Joshua/Instagram

Topics: Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua

Daniel Marland
Daniel Marland

Daniel is SPORTbible's Senior Social Editor.

X

@DanMarland_

Recommended reads

Thierry Henry picks player who will surprise everyone at World Cup – ‘There’s a guy people don’t know about...’GettyRonnie O’Sullivan says snooker star can win 'multiple world titles' and gives update on futureGetty'The only thing he can do is now is tar his career...' - Arnold Allen gives damning verdict on Conor McGregor's comebackGetty ImagesGareth Barry on Thomas Tuchel advice, England squad picks and World Cup: 'He’ll be fighting'Getty

Advert

Choose your content:

12 hours ago
19 hours ago
20 hours ago
a day ago
  • Getty Images
    12 hours ago

    Rico Verhoeven confirms he will appeal Oleksandr Usyk defeat after controversial stoppage

    The kickboxing champion has reacted to the controversial end to his iconic fight with Usyk.

    Boxing
  • Mohamed Hassam/Getty
    19 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk vs Rico Verhoeven scorecards spark mass outrage after Glory in Giza fight

    This could be the most controversial fight in modern boxing history.

    Boxing
  • Mark Robinson/Getty
    20 hours ago

    Oleksandr Usyk makes tragic admission after controversial victory over Rico Verhoeven

    The undefeated boxer had a very hard night.

    Boxing
  • Candice Ward/Stringer/Getty
    a day ago

    Floyd Mayweather aims staggering $175 million lawsuit alleging fraud at former associates

    This is crazy.

    Boxing
  • Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua date revealed by Eddie Hearn in latest update
  • Tyson Fury warm-up opponent update drops ahead of Anthony Joshua showdown
  • Tyson Fury receives shock callout for another Battle of Britain before Anthony Joshua
  • Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury signed as Turki Alalshikh makes fight announcement