Twitter Thread Exposes All Of Deontay Wilder’s 'Excuses' In Both Tyson Fury Fights
Deontay Wilder has been blasted by a boxing Twitter account after his excuses from both Tyson Fury fights have been exposed.
The 34-year-old former WBC champ first clashed with Brit superstar Fury in their blockbuster 2018 fight.
And Wilder managed to walk away from the showdown with a controversial draw, despite many fans feeling that Fury should have won the clash.
The 'Bronze Bomber' suffered his first professional loss last month when Fury outclassed him in a dominant performance in their rematch.
However, KO artist Wilder astonishingly pinned the blame of his defeat on his extravagant 40-pound ring-walk outfit.
And now The Boxing Feed has compiled an extensive thread with the excuses used by the American star, which included his conspiracy theory surrounding Anthony Dirrell's influence.
A thread on all of Deontay Wilder's excuses for both Tyson Fury fights... pic.twitter.com/p3Wqrkv1UQ- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
After the first fight, Wilder said one of the reasons for the loss was he hadn't thrown his right hand in camp, due to worries of it braking before the fight. An image of his broken arm was released after the fight, but it was actually taken in 2014 which debunked this excuse. pic.twitter.com/6rbsQwliZk- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
:eyes: Also after Wilder vs Fury 1, Deontay said that the occasion got the better of him as it was his first major moment of being a star. This was Wilder's first PPV fight and this was apparently one of the reasons he didn't perform on the night... pic.twitter.com/ihyXy2x7TH- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
:expressionless: Wilder believed he should've won the first fight as "the ref gave Fury a long count." Wilder made it clear he didn't want Jack Reiss to referee the rematch. However, looking at previous fights, Reiss carries out the same practices in all the fights he has officiated in... pic.twitter.com/tS8Ee0AMPc- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
Wilder also stated after the first #WilderFury fight that he actually won more rounds than the "biased" Showtime commentators gave him. He would later try and get Malignaggi & Farhood off commentating/scoring duties for his next fight... pic.twitter.com/Dos4BuZqm4- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
The 'Bronze Bomber' said another reason for him not being at his best in the first fight, was due to him having the flu on fight week causing him to lose a drastic amount of weight... pic.twitter.com/w0qmrsp3Lg- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
:joy: The most famous Deontay Wilder excuse, which given after #WilderFury2, was that the 40lb costume for the ringwalk was too heavy and caused his legs to become tired. In a previous interview, he mentioned he trains in a 45lb best to maximise performance... pic.twitter.com/XdU97sWvq5- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
Another excuse from #WilderFury2 was that Fury tampered with his gloves, causing Wilder to get hit with Fury's bare hands rather than in a padded glove. However, the Nevada Athletic Commission inspected Fury's gloves and said they were fine to use... pic.twitter.com/pJ1VsABhG5- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
:flag_white: Wilder stated in the aftermath of #WilderFury2 that the reason for Mark Breland throwing in the towel was that he was influenced by Anthony Dirrell, who's trained by Sugar Hill Steward (also Tyson Fury's trainer)... pic.twitter.com/7Vytu5Rl20- The Boxing Feed (@TheBoxingFeed) March 10, 2020
Fury's co-promoter, Bob Arum, has confirmed that Wilder's camp plan to trigger his rematch clause and set up the third fight in the trilogy.
The third mega-showdown, which hasn't officially been announced yet, is reportedly set to take place on 18th July at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Featured Image Credit: PA